Jane Zhang - 张靓颖

23 posts in this topic

450px-Jane_Zhang.jpg

English Name: Jane Zhang

Chinese Name: 张靓颖

Birthplace: Chengdu, Sichuan, China

Birthdate: 11 October 1984

Intro:

Zhang placed third in the 2005 season of the Super Girl contest, a national all-female singing competition, held in the People's Republic of China. Able to sing in English, Spanish and Cantonese besides Mandarin Chinese, she is regarded by many to be one of the best young singers of China.

Her vocal range ranges from at least the D below middle C, up to the F above soprano C (later demonstrated in her rendition of Minnie Riperton's "Lovin' You").

Discography:

2006 Jane·Love

2006 The One

2007 Update

+credits to wikipedia+

This girl is absolutely amazing! I love her strong vocals like her performance: Hero and Listen. But she has also got those gentle vocals when she performed songs from Teresa Teng.

she has a beautiful voice... she has the voice to sing english songs :)

She has a pretty deep voice. Her pitch range is pretty big. SHe can almost do what Maria Cariey do but i saw one of her videos. SHe moved the mic away when she did it because it wasnt perfect and she almost cracked. Hehehe but in general really good.. besides some accent.

i like her too,she has a beautiful voice!!!support her

She really has a nice voice! I've listened to her songs and they're great! Her english is really fluent!

I LOVE HER! Her new EP, Dear Jane is sooooo good! My favourite would be 圍城! She sings so well, she can sing so many genres, her voice is amazing, and she is so pretty! I just love everything about her!

i absolutely agreed with u guys. I only get to know her recently. I love her new EP Dear Jane so much - i love all the 3 songs. she amaze me till i search for all her performance from youtube... she is pretty and have powerful voice... very high pitch like mariah carey and christina aguilera. i oso love the way she sing 天下无双 - OST of Return of Condor Hero 2006. for those who are new and would like to know her more... should check out her live performance fro youtube... she sings walk away (original singer by kelly clarkson) very well and powerful..

i just heard about this girl recently, she has an amazing voice and does all different genres really well

my favorite mainland singer.

she's amazingggg.

loved her tian xia wu shuang.

and plus she's gorgeous. :)

Jane has got to be one of the best singers I've heard in a long time. I love her voice and her personality too! =)

I agree. She is talented. I love her voice. Amazing!

Her voice is a blast...pretty and good vocals.. She should have won in the competition....She was the best in there..

I really like this girl but not when she was in the Super Girl competition when I felt she was trying too hard to copy the English songs. That being said, she's come a long way. There's a lot more control in her voice now, and she's really coming into her own as an artist. I think she will likely be the Chinese answer to Whitney/Mariah.

Jane is my fave mainland China artist! Her voice is so versatile! She is definitely maturing in the right direction. Go Jane~

i love her duet with leehom!!! 'ling yi ge tian tang"! its so amazing XD

Jane Zhang made an appearance on Oprah yesterday. She got a pretty good voice.

Very pretty singer, has great voice, she can sing in mandarin and english very well. She's amazing, totally love her.

i can't believe how little people know/like her in this forum. she's really good guys! her performance on oprah was well done too :)

She is such a good singer. i'm so jealous^^... Really love her voice....one of the best chinese singer out there....

Love her songs. Can't wait for her to come out with a new album