Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aZnangel

2 become 1 - 天生一對 [2006]

74 posts in this topic

edaymovie1895282983pb.jpg

Storyline from yesasia:

The title of the film 2 Become 1 already spells out the change that our protagonist's body has to go through - what can possibly be more depressing to a metropolitan lady than losing her left breast? Advertising executive Bingo Leung, played by Hong Kong singer and rising comedy actress Miriam Leung (Love Undercover, Drink, Drank, Drunk), discovers that she has breast cancer and must have her left breast removed. She has a hard time facing this truth, plus dealing with psychologist V (Richie Jen) who keeps urging her to undergo something she does not want to, namely, mastectomy. Director Law Wing Cheong received nomination twice at the Hong Kong Film Awards for editing Johnnie To's PTU and Running On Karma. In the new Johnnie To production 2 Become 1, Law teams up with screenplay writer Ivy Ho, famous for telling stories from the female perspective, to create a refreshing and touching piece of work.

The film is loosely based on Hong Kong writer Xixi's literary work titled Mourning for the Breast, an anthology of autobiographical short essays about her experience in undergoing breast cancer treatment. Quite different from the original, 2 Become 1 has inserted a lot of amusing elements to dilute the gloominess that is expected of a piece of work about cancer, making comedian Miriam Yeung perfect for the role. At the same time the movie retains reflections on death and disease that is at the core of Xixi's writings, and those episodes actually turn out to become the most engaging moments in the film. Richie Jen brings to live a witty psychologist, while Jo Kuk and Wu Yujun fit into their roles as Bingo's screechy friends well. Co-starring new singer Justin Lo, Election's Gordon Lam, 2 Become 1 is unique in terms of its thematic concern and angle of narration among all Hong Kong films in the recent years.

Storyline from edaymovie:

"2 BECOME 1" is a woman's odyssey of her fight with breast cancer. The story centers on a regular white-collar woman named BING (Miriam Yeung), who leads a carefree city life that includes guarding her turf in the office and dating and gossiping with her three girlfriends. However, her carefree life soon turns upside down when she found a lump in her breast. Everything begins to fall apart as she tries to cope with the loss of femininity in a series of bittersweet events. With the help of a happy-go-lucky doctor V(Richie Jen and a shy but talented teenager Sing (Justin Lo). Bing begins to find new meanings in her turmoil and the will to face her own demons.

Director: Law Wing Cheong

Cast: Miriam Yeung Chin Wah, Richie Ren Xian Qi, Jo Kuk Cho Lam, Gu Si Le, Gwok To

Credits:

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

http://www.######.com/

i liked this movie, it was different than the movies that miriam usually are in.

I thought this film was cool but it was a bit simple and could have guessed what would happen but lots of fun to watch!

Great movive but no the best. But still good enough to watch.

The movie are ok but not the great could be more open view for modern viewer

this movie was ok it wasn't as good as i expected to be. some of the parts were kinda boring and really did not pay attention.

this movie is pretty good!! Miriam and Richie are really good in this movie!

it is not too bad when you wish to have a release time to spend. a little bit funny and romance all the same kind of these kinds movies. just like the others. plug in with different actors and actoress. good to killing time . thanks

This is one of my favourite movie, always like to watch this kind of movie.

Hope more to cone

On 11/2/2006 at 6:53 PM, after5 said:

i thought this movie was good. its very different from traditional hk film formulas. it still has the hate ---> love thing but its also kinda educational. plus justin was cute >< its the only movie i've seen where miriam plays a more serious role. i liked it

thanks for a movies

thanks for this great movies

thanks for sharing