Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Y. x33

Where have Kate Tsui been?

275 posts in this topic

20047161022321.jpg

Education :

Kate Tsui graduated from the University of California, Davis with a major in Japanese. She is also skilled in different styles of dancing such as Salsa and ballet.[citation needed] Tsui could speak several languages. During college, she studied abroad in Japan.

Pagent Career :

After her studies in Japan, she entered the Miss Hong Kong 2004 pageant. She was considered a dark horse at first but then gained fame when she bagged the Fitness award. After that she took the winner's crown and Miss Photogenic and Miss International Goodwill. She is one of the many 4 award titleholders of Miss Hong Kong. The titleholder with the most awards is Shirley Yeung.

After participating in TVB events and hosting some shows[citation needed], she entered the Miss Chinese International 2005 pageant. Despite being a favorite for the crown, she only placed in the top 5, taking an award as a consolation.

Being An Actress :

Not long after being crowned as Miss Hong Kong 2004, Kate Tsui started to become romantically linked to singer Leon Lai as she starts to interview him in the entertainment show "Jade Starbiz."

Kate is now pursuing a career as an artist in TVB.

In 2006, Kate was heavily criticized by the public for speaking of sex openly on a RTHK radio show held in Hong Kong.[citation needed] Such overt talk of sex shocked the public and was considered as impairing the well-established fame of Miss Hong Kong Pageant.

Awards::

Miss Hong Kong 2004:

Winner, Miss Photogenic, Miss International Goodwill, and Fitness award.

Miss Chinese International 2005:

Top 5 finalist and Miss Gorgeous.

TVB Series :

Fantasy Trend (2004)

When Rules Turn Loose (2005)

La Femme Desperado (2006)

The Price of Greed (2006)

The Brink Of Law (2007)

On the First Beat (2007)

Edited by Chloe.C

No offense... but I don't think she's pretty esp. in La Femme Desperado... her hair cut was weird and doesn't match her face... and her acting requires lots of improvement...

romance with leon lai? i feel like i'm missing a lot....i don't remember that

and that incidedent with the interview on RTHK radio.....i really didn't htink it was that big of a deal....i heard the interview before the media make such a big deal out of it....and i didn't think much of it.....i mean yes, she is a mhk....but so what....if tvb was really concirned about her image as an mhk they shouldn't have let her on the show in the first place b/c the show has a reputation for talking about sex openly in the first place.....

kate is considered to be a new actress....she deserves some time to actually practice and learn to act.....(look at charmaine...when she first started acting she was horrible....now she won best female actress)

I'm sorry, but her acting in Le Femme Desperado was horrible. I don't know if it's just her voice that annoys me or what. I really hope her performance in Cadets on Beat and Breakthrough Action don't disppoint me because that's just going to ruin the series for me. =(

I really hope Kate does all she can with the opportunities given to her, cause she needs a lot of improvement. Hopefully, her performance in The Price of Greed won't dissappoint.

her performance in the price of greed is bad -.-'' and this will bring down the popularity of the drama

gosh i really dont understand y she won over lulu ng ...kates acting sucks....

i really don't like her! she isn't that pretty =/.. and the way she talks in series is frustrating! >_<.

i don't think she looks pretty..i don't get why she has so many awatds in miss hong kong

i dont rreally think shes pretty well not at all. so i dont get how she won ms. hong kong but i think her acting is really good compared to other ms.hong kongs she was pretty good in POG.

On 1st impression in LFD, i didn't think she was pretty or what. But as it went on, i thought she looks ok and her acting wasn't fake or lousy. But yes, definitely rooms for improvement.

No offence too..I cant stand her!..the bottom pic at least showed a better pic of her (she better buy more makeup!!)...she is not meant to be in LFD..spoiled the show..i reckon...now i see more of her name in other series casts!!!!!!!!!!!! sigh~~~ TVB must be running out of actresses.. :angry:

She's one of the less prettier Miss HK IMO, neither has she had many roles

If you've seen her in The Brink Of Law, then i think you would agree with me she has improved. She is getting prettier, and I've always been a fan of her. I think she's alot better than Linda, who is overly promoted, and still hasn't really improved eventhough she has been given MANY chances. Hopefully Kate will improve in her acting and be successful. Good luck!

she has improved in the brink of law and i hope she gets more opportunities.

I'm sorry, but her acting in Le Femme Desperado was horrible. I don't know if it's just her voice that annoys me or what. I really hope her performance in Cadets on Beat and Breakthrough Action don't disppoint me because that's just going to ruin the series for me. =(

I totally agree with u on that... she's so fake in it... it's like she overact many times...

It's her looks that annoys me... Oh.. and her haircut too...

Seriously... she doesn't have the elegant looks like the other Miss HK... Sorry if I offended her fans...

does she remind anybody else of a younger Flora Chan? Especially in the way they speak and even a bit the way they look...

hmm only saw her in Price of Greed and Brink of Law

In POG i thought she was crazy and scary until near the middle

In BOL i thought she was cute and adorable.

this is her performance list:

* Fantasy Trend (2004)

* When Rules Turn Loose (2005)

* La Femme Desperado (2006)

* The Price of Greed (2006)

* The Brink Of Law (2007)

* First On The Beat (2007)

* The Whole City Is Dancing (2007)

I don't think she's pretty at all. And I'm not a big fan of her acting either. She's gotta improve a lot! That's why I don't like that she has such a big role in The Brink Of Law. Surely people should have the right to improve, and in order for her to do that, she needs to gain more experience. But it's just bad to have her lead such an important and big role, when her acting skills aren't very good, yet.

Mack, no offence but what you just said makes little sense. You contradict yourself by saying that it is okay, yet at the same time also bad, that an actor spend time to improve their acting skills.

First of all, Kate's role I don't think is THAT big in BOL. At best, she's a supporting actress whose role does not impact on the series' plot as much as i think 5 or 6 others in the show.

And i agree that her acting skills need improvement, but hardly anyone is perfect. Furthermore I don't see why people aren't allowed time to improve. I hate to pick people out (but for the sake of using an example I will), as I think most people will go through this, but Charmaine Sheh, Anne Heung and Cecilia Cheung were all horrible when they first started, yet were still given huge roles at times.

The only way for them to improve is to be in more series, not less.