Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nycxkid

L'Escargot - 缺宅男女 --- Who finds Linda Chung annoying??

396 posts in this topic

I can't take her character anymore. It seems like almost every single series she's involved with, she's a very whiny emo type of character. Her crying and all that stuff is starting to get to me.

From Boourns:

Is it just me or has Linda Chung cried in almost every single episode? I feel like every time she's onscreen I expect her to cry. How can anyone cry this much even in real life? She should be clinically diagnosed with major depression!

Topics merged. Please use search to avoid creating a similar topic. Thanks!

I do admit that I'm not a huge Linda fan. However, I think that this particular character in L'Escargot wasn't written particularly well either, so I am finding her rather annoying.

In the beginning of the series, I marveled at her naivete; how could someone in her 20s be so guileless in this day and age? And as the series continued, her character really didn't develop any growth... she was someone who rarely made conscious decisions about her life, she just let everything develop and evolve around her, for better or for worse (and a lot of times, it was for the worse).

While I do understand that there are people like that in real life, it seems like a total copout to write Linda's character like that. It makes her seem to have very few redeeming qualities, and therefore it strikes me very odd that there are two successful, smart men who are vying for her heart.

Of course, unless the lesson is that men want weak-willed, indecisive, submissive, quiet women. In that case, oh boy, I am so disappointed.

if you find her annoying because she's crying and indecisive - which is her role in the drama - that means she's portraying her character really well..

You guys are mean :( I think her acting is really good, able to cry out so hard whenever she pleases. Her voice might be a little abnormal but everyone is unique.

Her acting was really bad, I know like when she's crying, so overrrrrrrrrrrrr

I agree. She is terrible at crying. And thats saying something.

she seems soft light hearted for this role and immature, to play a role like this and whinning over everyting getting two guys fighting over her is something new. like the not whinning part thats it.

no...her acting is sooo much better now. I used to find her really annoying...especially her VOICE!!argh but now she's sooo much better =)

I thought this serie won't be good, but after couple eps....it's not that bad. I haven't found her that much of annoying yet....lol...will keep watching to see

Edited by lonnie

her character in the series is confusing, sometime she said in love with the married guy & lately she said still in love with Tai Ting. TVB really have to catch up in producing series

she looks nice when crying, but cried too much make ppl cant stand of it...

lol...dramas r fake...they are nt real in real life....

am not finding her annoying. its just the character of the movie. would say she's good then! can affect a person's view in favour to her or not.

ugh. finally! i thought i was one of the few who didn't appreciate her. It seems like all she ever does in every single drama is cry, cry, and cry. To top if off, she doesn't do it well. It's so fake. I think in general, I think she has poor acting skills. I hate the way she drags out every syllable in her words, so I usually fast forward her scenes. Don't quite understand why TVB lifted her so high as she is, when so many other talented actresses deserve better. Kate Tsui was really bad at acting when she first started too, but now she's improved tremendously! So why hasn't Linda Chung?

ugh. finally! i thought i was one of the few who didn't appreciate her. It seems like all she ever does in every single drama is cry, cry, and cry. To top if off, she doesn't do it well. It's so fake. I think in general, I think she has poor acting skills. I hate the way she drags out every syllable in her words, so I usually fast forward her scenes. Don't quite understand why TVB lifted her so high as she is, when so many other talented actresses deserve better. Kate Tsui was really bad at acting when she first started too, but now she's improved tremendously! So why hasn't Linda Chung?

this is an interesting drama however some part of the series is sad.. hope the ending gonna be good tho' ..

Me! She cried a lot.. But her acting has got better and to a different level now..

Yes, It was annoying to see it every esp.. but thats part of the story line! I think TVB needs to make a effort to gain back some audience; their series is just lacking something.

hmm if i dont remember wrong... i dont know if she cried in the first few episodes! lol so it cant be every episode

yea but i understand it's not that great to see a character cry in most episodes near the end especially it's close to chinese new year

but a script is a script!

and tvb chose to air the series at this time

she is a good acteur or she is weak so she can cry every moment if she want haha

A lot of people just say she is a black haired bimbo! hahahah but she is way too gullable. When michael tse's wife slapped her I thought that was off. but when she explained how she's dumb to get into something without knowing why, I was applauding so loud! That summed up her character perfectly!

i find her well annoying and she cant act sing or anything