Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boourns

Bottled Passion - Raymond and Niki or Elaine?

83 posts in this topic

I always thought that Raymond Wong was a handsome guy, but never knew he could be so suave and damn sexy! Oddly enough, I was rooting for Raymond and Elaine since they had such on-screen chemistry together and totally lit up the screen. I never thought of Elaine as a very attractive woman (probably because of the buckteeth), but she definitely had some sex appeal in the series with the smoky eyes and her ambivalent mysterious manner. Raymond and Niki as a couple on the other hand was almost too wholesome for me and I felt like they had more of a best friends feel (absence makes the heart grow fonder) going on.

The acting of all three was stellar with stark improvements for Raymond, Elaine and Niki, but in my opinion the Raymond and Elaine couple was more convincing.

What do you guys think?

Edited by boourns

Raymond/Elaine was by far more convincing but I cheer for Niki anyhow cuz I like her as an actress and she's better looking/cute :).

cheering for niki although i thought that elaine had better acting.

correct....... elaine has a better acting than niki....... this is a nice drama and i love to wtch it again and again.....

I loved Elaine's makeup! But yeah, her buckteeth does get very distracting... she should do something about it lol :P

Well, I personally liked the Raymond/Elaine pair a lot more, but that's because I pretty much skipped all of Niki and her family's scenes because they were pretty boring. I was much more invested on the villain family. Raymond and Elaine do make a very convincing couple. Too bad Raymond had his motives :(

lol , i actually thought niki and raymond had really nice chemistry, but then again. I think I like niki and kevin more :3

i go with ray and nikki basing on the story and by looks they go better together

I was never a fan of Elaine's. I was rooting for Raymond and Nikki. Even though his scenes with Elaine were hotter, it's the look on his face when he's holding Nikki that captivated me. It's that whole story about waiting for that one girl after all these years that gets me. He didn't really let his feelings get deep until he found out she was that little girl from the orphanage.

I like Niki better, maybe it's just cause I never really enjoy watching Elaine. But nonetheless, this was a great series. Wish the ending was different though.

I liked this drama, it just took me 2 days to watch the whole serie. Like Niki & Raymond better

I fell in love with Niki when I saw her in the drama 7th day. At the beginning, this drama seemed very good but at the end it turned suck when Raymond died. They went through a lot of situations, but the couldn't be together at last. It's so sad for them. I strongly hate this ending.

I fell in love with Niki when I saw her in the drama 7th day. At the beginning, this drama seemed very good but at the end it turned suck when Raymond died.

I gotta say.. Elaine! Niki and Raymond don't really have that chemistry like he does with Elaine.

not a bad series actually from tvb actually, like both raymond and niki. wonder if tvb has plan for continuation of this coz the ending does feel that way..

Raymond and Nikki have great chemisty. Hope they will film a modern serie together and have a happy ending this time.

I think Raymond and Nikki are better together. Some parts were kind of dry, but the majority of it was great! I really felt the passion and chemistry. Raymond has really improved his acting and his crying scenes. I always felt that lump in my throat when I saw him tearing. And sorry, but his scenes with Elaine were kind of ugh. I did not like their kissing scene. It was kind of gross. I don't have anything against Elaine, but ... I can't really stand watching her... not sure why, I just can't.

I fell in love with Niki when I saw her in the drama 7th day. At the beginning, this drama seemed very good but at the end it turned suck when Raymond died.

i love this series so much.. it's so touching.. and my vote will definately go to raymond and nikki.. love to see the scene when both of them are meeting each an other.. :93:

The chemistry of Raymond and Elaine was amazing! I think it would have been a very interesting (and convincing!) plottwist if he really fell in love with her during his revenge plotting. Though I must admit that the current outcome with Raymond seducing both sisters and setting them up against each other was brilliant too. The matchup between Raymond and Niki was flawed in my opinion. If not for the fact that she was his childhood love, she would be another pawn of Raymond but with less sparks than both of the sisters.

I liked Raymond and Niki a lot better than Elaine because they actually convinced me that they could be a better couple.

I just watching 5 episodes. so far so good and the story pretty interested. I cannot wait to finish watching. thanks for sharing.