Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gold4canada

Cast or Plot?

113 posts in this topic

I think I tend to pick series with a good cast rather than decide based on plot.

How about you guys?

Will definitely watch the drama with good cast even if the plot is bad but will not with a bad cast

cast or plot? cast or plot? how about both!! definitely need good actors to bring out a great story line.

I usually go with plot these days. If the cast is a bit weak but the plot is strong, I will have more determination to watch.

Both are very important I think. Although if I was interested enough I could just go with plot alone. However, the plot would have to be interesting. If I have to go with cast I will watch only if the people in the show are good actors or I like the actors involved. I will say I much rather them be able to act out their character than just a person that I was a fan of if they couldn't bring the character to life.

I think it's important to have both, as long as they are balanced then it will make a good show. :)

I would go for plot. The cast is secondary. A good plot will shine on the cast. Actor/Actresses will get noticed and if lucky will get bigger roles. Unfortunately some plots are kind of similar though different in execution. It can be pretty boring if you can second guess how the plot is going to end.

I like a good plot to get my attention. Having good casts doesn't hurt either but good plot is the way to go.

i prefer both if possible. but if i had to choose one, i prefer plot over characters.