Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gold4canada

Cast or Plot?

113 posts in this topic

I think I tend to pick series with a good cast rather than decide based on plot.

How about you guys?

no who cares who plays the charactors as long as the story linbe can hold up on its own who cares who plays who. if ut was about the cast all the time we would never see anyone new all the same old same old

yeah I prefer series based on its cast...if I don't like the actor/actress in it then it takes me a while to get into the series!

I think the plot is more important. the cast is secondary.

I tend to look at the cast first and than watch the series to discover the plot.

cast lures me in, plot determines whether i stay to watch

both cast & plot are equally impotant for a series..

for me, cast plays a more important role to determine whether i will start watching the series and plot will come after that.. :D

I go for the cast over the plot. I'm of the opinion that sometimes, a weak plot can be carried more successfully by a strong cast vs one that is weak.

Cast for sure, I don't watch anything if there isn't one of my favourite actresses, which means i have barely anything to watch these days...

plot comes after looking at the cast, but i rarely decide not to watch my favourite actresses...

but if a series get as good as a feedback like RB or NR than i'll watch it... coz i remember not watching RB untill a year later coz there wasn't strong enough cast to draw me in, but after watching it, I fell in love with Sharen and Wayne... but having said that, i'm not gonna watch RB3... Sharen isn't in it anymore, so no point

i usually pick series with a good cast or have actors that i like but if the plot is bad when i watch the series, then its a no go

i'd rather go for the plot cuz the cast become popular because of the plot and usually good plots have good casts

both... but of course the plot is much more important, i remember this series even with raymond in it I still couldn't stand it because of the plot

Yes , cast for sure .First ,I check on the series post card if there are some cast i like so I watch right a way . Then if the plot good I continuous watching (so , the plot was important too ) if it not good enough I would stop watching at there( spend time for another one)

I always pick cast.. A show with actors I dont know, I really don't enjoy :S Personally, I think actors play a huge role into the success of the drama .. :P

i go for cast as it makes up for a crap drama sometimes

Nowadays TVB plot isn't all that great as well so definately cast over plot

First i looked at the cast then the plot if the cast i don't really like i watch abit of it to see how it is ,if the story is ok then i would contiued but if the story is no good i won't waste the time .for the cast i like even the story is not that good i would still go on with it but i know if the story is not good every thing is not good.

i tend to pick based on the cast i like, however if the plot stinks it makes the series not enjoyable to watch. but if the plot is great i will watch it even if the cast isnt that good.

I generally watch series for the cast, lol but sometimes when the plot is so horrible the cast just does not make up for it and i cannot continue to watch

Both cause if the cast aren't great the acting of the series wouldn't be good, but the plot is important too.

both! but if i'd have to pick one, i'd choose plot because you don't need a famous cast to make an amazing series as long as the storyline is good. on the other hand, if there is a great cast, but the storyline sucks, then it pretty much screws over that cast.

I start watching a series for the cast but I only continue watching if the plot is good, so i look at both