Directors: Liu Feng Sheng, Xu Hui Kang

Screenwriter: Fang Hong Ren

Broadcast year: 2012

Casts:

Gan Ting Ting as Han Xiang / Princess Yi Dan

Kevin Cheng as Prince Ge Tai

Michelle Yim as Empress Dowager

Liu Ting Yu as Crown Prince's consort

Zhang Dan Feng as Yin Reng (Crown Prince)

Catherine Hung as Tong Si Ku

Ni Qi Min as Emperor Kang Xi

Eddie Cheung as Ta Er

Florence Tan as Consort Xuan

Mu Ting Ting as Consort Hui

Liu Na Ping as Xue Yan

Fang Shu Zhen as Chun Zhu

Bernice Liu as Consort Wang

Gong Yuan as Zhu Er

Hao Ze Jia as Wu Lan

Ayoko Chen as Eunuch Wang

Deng Jie as Tuo Ge Qi

Xu Jiao Ning as Consort Dong E

Synopsis:

A drama about the court conspiracies and politics between the royal wives, princes, and officials during the reign of Kang Xi. When Princess Yi Dan fell with her brother, Emperor Kang Xi, in a night of passion, she left the palace out of remorse and guilt. She gave birth to Han Xiang and was murdered by a mastermind. Han Xiang grew up and entered the palace as a maid in search of her roots and her mother's murderer. There, she became entangled in the palace's conflicts and competition. Prince Ge Tai falls in love with her and, despite the taboo it might implicate, Han Xiang can't help but reciprocate his love.

Credits to Spcnet.tv

Trailer:

Edited by Kenix

is this nice? just notice that it has air now.i like this type of drama. after reading the synopsis i feel that it should be nice to watch yet i worried that it might disappoint me again.

So far so good and I absolutely love the chemistry between Kevin and Gan Ting Ting. They are really adorable together and the aesthetics of the series are beautiful. I've always loved Qing costumes and the vibrant colors.

I saw couple of episode of this series and it is so intensifying. I hope more epsiode can be release. The ancient custom and the characters were all great in their acting. The plot of the story keep the suspense max.

another kevin cheng drama in china,about palace,about love and women,this year alot women drama,i love to watch.it another touching drama.hope this one will be good drama.

omg.. is kevin and ting really twin siblings? wonder when will she gathering with her family? Can't wait :-)

so kevin n ting not twins but how come kevin mom shocked when ting asked her about yidan? cant wait for the series to come to an end LoL

I hope it's not what it said on the news about they are twins sister and brother fall in love. So far. it sounds sick that the king and his sister slept together ;-(

I doubt that the emperor and yidan are bro and sis relationship cos yidan was supposed to married the emperor's bro. I was hoping that getai and han xiang not twin.

some plottings and story lines seems similar to the "jewel in the palace"?

I'm around episode 15. So for so good! I quite like the storyline so far.

@Zap: I don't think it's similar to Jewel in the palace. Though I've never watched Jewel in the Palace, so I can't really say anything.

Here it's got the mystery of Yidan's murder to uncover. So it's more on the mystery/detective genre. Of course in a palace there are always women scheming and plotting, so that part might be similar?

this drama is very nice. Strongly recommended to all to watch it. Please share it among your friend. thank you.

this was an amazing show. I love it. But I thought she died at the end.

Hahaha i love kevin cheng shows! Miss the dramas he acted in in hk

i really liked watching this, very interesting and an ending that u would never guess....

This was a interesting seriees. Keep you guyessing until the end. highly recommended. One of the better one based in the royal Palace.

Another classic series of palace conflicts...hope this series will be good as other series like Palace 1 & 2

I originally thought that I will like this series because Kevin Cheng is in it, but the plot is too predictable and boring. Too bad.

agreed. it started pretty well, but plot slowed down and characters became shallow.

I am always looking out for period drama where Kelvin is part of and I think he looks grand in his prince costume. However, I think this drama lacks display of emotion in both romance and heartache and dwell too much on showing torture. :104:

I was so excited for this drama but unfortunately, it completely disappointed. It certainly didn't pan out like I expected and I was really hoping for some angst with the romance. I felt so duped by that trailer.

impressive acting by gan ting ting. more of a detective kind of story