Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Kellylover

Sequel Vs. Original

66 posts in this topic

Is TVB really out of new ideas?? Why is there so much sequel? Forensic Heroes, Triumph of Skies, Rosy Business, Ghetto Justice, Laughing Gor?? And the fact that TVB over promote some "people", I'm not going to name it, but you get what I'm saying. Sigh, I just pray that all these series will turn out good or it will ruin the original for me.

The only sequel that I actually waiting if Triumph of Skies and Ghetto Justice. :76:

i prefer the original, not all but most Sequels end up bad. seems like forced to write out a story. pointless

The story line in original is much more better than the sequel. Some are good but most of the sequel are very draggy, it make you lose interest half way through.

te original is usually the better one, i never thoght any sequel was better except the justic of files and the investigative series

The sequel that cannot make it is to continue the story of cai gao.... the sequal is totally suck

i prefer the originals because it is a new idea, but the only sequel i like is journey to the west II.

I think sequel is there to please the viewers, and help the movie maker make more money since they know people would watch it, kinda free marketing tactic

honestly, to me the original is always better, its the way that the show just grabs your attention. in sequels you kinda have an idea of the cast and how its going to turn out. just my 2 cents.

The original series is usually better but Triump in the Skies 2 are far much better than the original.

Sequels have proven premise I guess. You also have an idea of what to expect.

There is nothing wrong with sequels, it's just that the writers do a sloppy work of writing it that shames the original.

i think i like originals moree.... but sequellsss are okay..... i guesssssss

i feel like the original series is always better than the sequels with very few exceptions

theres so many series that make sequels and just screw it up like laughing gor (in my opinion)

Originals are not always better, but it seems is appears most often.

From my experience, original always best. But there are always one of those exceptions out there.... and they make them because fans go crazy about how the ending shouldn't have happen and how there needs to be more etc etc

Yeah I think originals are always better; depends on what the series is. Sometimes it's great to have a sequel

sequel will never be better than the originals. but what is interesting about sequel is that they tell you what happen after a story has ended.

i prefer the original, rather than the sequel as the story is the main story

Usually if a series has good ratings and a lot of views company will make sequels to milk more money from views

I like original better in terms of freshness and all depends on how the original one ends and how the sequel can pick it up from there.

Actually sequels can be fun to watch if the stars maintain their original roles. Some sequels switch the same cast around playing different roles and with a new story. Seriously, it is a misnomer to call it a sequel. A new title without any previous linkage would have been more appropriate.

Edited by cadburyho

I prefer original over sequel. I use to get excited when tvb decides to make a sequel but most of the time there not as good as the original.