Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Kellylover

Sequel Vs. Original

66 posts in this topic

Is TVB really out of new ideas?? Why is there so much sequel? Forensic Heroes, Triumph of Skies, Rosy Business, Ghetto Justice, Laughing Gor?? And the fact that TVB over promote some "people", I'm not going to name it, but you get what I'm saying. Sigh, I just pray that all these series will turn out good or it will ruin the original for me.

The only sequel that I actually waiting if Triumph of Skies and Ghetto Justice. :76:

it's because the audience likes the characters so tvb wants to capitalize on it. sequels of good dramas are usually hyped and they get good ratings.

i totally agree with your point about over-promoting certain people. like you see some actors/actresses in every drama

If the series is very popular and the viewing rating is high enough to do a sequel, then it is worth it. But the sequel has to be good enough or better, otherwise, the result will be worse.

haha TVB been running out of ideas AGES ago... look at all these series that have been released in the last 3 years. most of them are either remakes or sequels. it's kinda sad when the sequels are even worse than the original ones

some sequels are pretty nice but some are just -.-' and kills the story...

i think audience prefer sequel is because maybe the storyline have a good plot to it. then again, maybe like they said ran out of ideas

All those dramas is not that bad

I dont mind

as long as the actress and actor is good

somehow a lot of sequels fail to bring out the flavour of the original dramas.. it's like the same for movies as well..

most sequels are not as great as the original except ones that have really good actors like forensic hero 2 with bobby

always the Originals are the best no matter what Sequels are not always the best for some series like A Pillow Case Of Mystery its like we seen the original and know what is going to happen but for other sequels like Witness To A Prosecution we know too what will happen but it is more in detail that they will go look for more clues than A pillow .Dark Tales is the best all with many story.

i like original more. take IP MAN for example, part 2 was really a let down. they should have ended with pt 1.

I agree that original is mostly better than sequel. But I dont even like Ghetto Justice.

most of tvb sequels end up to be boring, the stories and jokes get old.

I don't mind sequels but if it doesn't include the original casts, I will not consider it a sequel. Forensic Heroes III is one of those series that should be not be called a sequel. The series did not include the original casts ...

Instead of making so many sequels to outdo the original, they should just spend more time making creative endings for the originals SO THEY ARE CLASSICS AND UNFORGETTABLE!!! smh

yea sequels are usually pretty bad, except for all the detective mystery ones.

The sequels usually are never as good as the first. Maybe it's because we already have this expectation from the original series.

i always like sequels because they use the same character and you don't need to fall in love with them again

there are some stories which deserve sequels. i mean, the REALLY, REALLY good ones. not just any old series that got decent ratings. seriously, everything being filmed now is sequel of this or spinoff of that. tvb needs some fresh ideas.

Recently, I finished watching Hippocratic crush II and was quite disappointed starting near ending. The drama started off well as the sets and situations are very realistic, and many scenes were touching. But near the end, they really rushed it. Love chemistry was not developed well, especially between Che-che and Onion, and she took away quite a few episodes of her dying when she's not even the main character. Overall, the ending was disappointing, as compared to the first series.

Sequels usually created the milk the success of the original

Sequels are unusually never as good especially if they replace some of the characters