Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Kellylover

Sequel Vs. Original

66 posts in this topic

Is TVB really out of new ideas?? Why is there so much sequel? Forensic Heroes, Triumph of Skies, Rosy Business, Ghetto Justice, Laughing Gor?? And the fact that TVB over promote some "people", I'm not going to name it, but you get what I'm saying. Sigh, I just pray that all these series will turn out good or it will ruin the original for me.

The only sequel that I actually waiting if Triumph of Skies and Ghetto Justice. :76:

Sequels does not always turn out to be as boring as you're mentioning to be. The new series, 潛行狙擊(Lives of Omission) which is a sequel of 'Laughing Gor' proved to me that sequels can be as interesting as this certain series to be.

cos e original is veri nice...so audience wan to see part 2 of it la....

original will be much better den sequel....but moonlight reasonance is better den heart if greed...lol...

I agree that original is mostly better than sequel. But I dont even like Ghetto Justice. A matter of taste.

It depends on the storyline and character development of a particular drama. I like the sequels of Dark Tales, Armed Reaction, Witness to a Prosecution, At the Threshold of an Era, Plain Love, and A Pillowcase of Mystery.

for tvb, sequel guarantee ratings. they'll call it a sequel even though the storyline and cast are different. i hated when they do that! why can't they change the damn name! this is so unfair to the original cast - who sorta made the series popular. for example, forensic heroes part 1 and 2 is all about bobby. part 3, he is not even the main one. !!!!!!!!! anyways, part 3 cannot even compare to part 1 and 2.

Sequel earns money but kills creativity. They should just invest in new ideas and scripts and what not.

I've always enjoyed watching the original more than the sequels. However lately I've really enjoyed watching "Lives of Omission". Also, I really look forward to watching Triumph 2!

The original series is always better than sequel. But no harm watching it if it is not too bad and swaying too much from the original. :)

Original normally is better, just becuz the Series is fresh idea and we didn't know how will the ending pan out....

Sequel is cool too, if they can retain the previous actress/ actors, but generally this is harder becuz once the 1st is successful, then they will demand more money... which film production is hard to generate out at 1st

It is almost always true that the original are better than the sequels.........although there are a few exceptions, but very rare!

i think some series are not meant to have sequels. the original series could be very creative and interesting so it received really good ratings making producers wanting to have even more. however, that also risks having bad turn outs for the sequels and ruining the overall series

i definitely support originals more :) i think that sequels are usually not as good. however, i think support tvb series all the way!

i am fine with sequels only if they are just as good as the originals. except that isn't usually the case. sequels tend to not me as good as the originals. TVB need new ideas.

People loved Laughing Gor. They made a HK movie about him - even though in the movie they changed some details of his life.

i think i like originals moree.... but sequellsss are okay..... i guesssssss

because they cannot think of any new ideas to act upon.dffdfdfdfd

tvb is making sequels because people love the original, and wanting more

Originals are always always always better!! Sequels are like patched up ideas put together!