Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
illusions

[TVB] The Magic Ring - 魔法擂台

30 posts in this topic

I was really interested while watching the first couple episodes of this. First time TVB is hosting a magic event. A lot of the magic here is actually REALLY amazing and very interesting..

My only complaint about this show .. are the judges.

Holy poo, they are very mean and judgmental. I mean if the contestants were really flawless, would they be contestants?!

For the last three episodes, the judges (and Sammy too!) have made really degrading remarks towards the contestants. There was one guy who looked funny, and Sammy made it so that everybody poked fun at his appearance :\ It was clear that he was really upset, but he had to hide it. I felt so bad for him!

I like this show, but I hate the judges. They should watch the way they present their criticisms.

Have any of you watched this show as well? :) Your opinions?

I agree with you, some of the judges are fine, but Albert Tam and the other judge on Episode 5 pissed me off. I feel like they don't really respect the contestants; they are here just to bring some magic and fun to the audience, but looking at the way the judges are criticizing them, it seems as if they were here to take an exam instead. I hope TVB replaces them, especially Albert, when they realize people will stop performing for the show b/c of the ridiculous judges. And for Albert Tam the "magic" perfomance he had was a joke -_- ...everyone else on the show did better than that stupid dance

I'm also really into magic show. Matter of fact I love magic tricks! Watching this show makes me feel like magic is so amazing and interesting. Some of the judges are really just expect too much in this show. I understand a good magician have high expectation from magic, but they are just being too strict on this show. Especially Albert. I dont like him.

The judges forget what they are here for, that is why they are so mean. they have no manner. The host Sammy he is always like to step on contestants and make cheap jokes on people

at first i thought this show would be kinda boring, but it is actually really good and captivating. sammy does a really good job. magic is awesome!

First time TVB is hosting a magic event . I like this Show , but i hate the judges .They should Match the way they present their criticisms. This show is good looks funny and interesting . I love magic , i wait watching this show makes me feel . Thanks !!

yep the judges'degree are severity has a big range. is this show for new magician beginner?

This is a good show. I like magic and is this the first season of this kind of show?

I really love this magic show series. It is refreshingly different from other shows.The judges are celebrities themselves.That is why they set very high standards for the contestants.But a number of them still managed to get As from these judges.

This show is really crap and I dont know why I keep watching.

I think some of the contestants arent that good and really sad.

The male judge in one of the episodes (from Taiwan) who replaced the first judge was really crule and I loved it, it made me laugh so much they then replaced him with the lady from china. I think they should bring back the 2nd guy because of the entertainment value of it.

watching the 1st couple of episode i was skeptical that it will last, after a few more it was pretty good, you can see the competition improving and more entertaining

This magic show is very fun and interesting . The host Sammy his funny trick is very good , his funny talent aspects has potential .

I love this show, they need to make a 2nd one. The magic tricks are pretty good and exciting

I think the show got better towards the end. didnt find the contestants tricks were that amazing but I supose they are amatures. No money for the props needed for the big tricks

I think TVB should invite 劉謙 in the beginning of the series because he can show us more difficult magics. I really like the close up magic which I think is very amazing.

I like the series and find the performances interesting. As expected the standards of contestants vary. But still the judges who are well known professionals should not be too strict and at least be sparing in their comments so as not to destroy the contestants' self confidence.

i argeed too, judges look sh*t lol. btw the whole thing was not so good.

This show is pretty entertaining and different.. The only thing is some of the judges are kind of mean and they don't really respect the contestants at some aspects.

I enjoyed the shows.

The magics are very amazing.

It really invokes my interest to dig more about magic.

I really like this show. But I really dislike the judges. ESP Sammy Leung. He is so friggen harsh.

I watched the entire season, and it was really good! I can't believe there are so many talents in Hong Kong. It would be great if they can do another season.