54 posts in this topic

0d72994474478d0a500ffe2.jpg

Title: 后宫·甄嬛传 // Hou Gong Zhen Huan Zhuan // Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan

Episode: Unknown

Genre:Ancient, Romance

Main Cast: Sun Li, Chen Jian Bin, Ada Choi, Simon Li and Li Dong Xue

Boardcast date: Nov 2011

Synopsis

It tells the story of one of Emperor Yongzheng's concubines, Zhen Huan, who's the mother of Prince Hongli (the famous Emperor Qianlong).

Court drama "Hou Gong Zhen Huan Zhuan" (Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan) is now shooting at a temple site in Beijing. This drama unites director, Zeng Xiao Long, with screenwriter, Liu Lian Zi, and will star Sun Li, Chen Jian Bin, Hong Kong TVB rising star Ada Choi, Taiwan Golden Bell Award winner Simon Li and Li Dong Xue.

Sun Li to play a scheming court concubine

This drama, adapted from popular Internet novel of the same name, will tell the story of the heroine, Zhen Huan (Sun Li), who joined the palace harem with her sister. She was selected to be Emperor Yongzheng's (Chen Jian Bin) concubine. When Zhen Huan first enters the palace, she is innocent and gullible, but gradually learnd the hard way to fend for herself when she inadvertently becomes caught up in the schemes between the Empress (Ada Choi) and Concubine Hua (Jiang Xin). Through cunning and deceit, Zhen Huan finally succeeds in becoming Empress. However, she arouses Emperor Yongzheng's suspicion about her loyalty and is forced to poison her true love, 17th Prince. Finally, when Emperor Yongzheng dies and Hong Li ascends the throne, Concubine Zhen Huan becomes Empress Dowager. Though her future seems bright, she lives the rest of her life in sadness and guilt.

translation by xiaolong @ spcnet

Trailer:

Edited by ♥SiLvErBeAr♥

I was going to watch this drama because the cast didn't look that good. After hearing many good reviews from friends, family and online I gave the series a go. It actually really good. I recommend this series now. It one of the best series out recently.

really good drama, my whole family all love to watch this drama. it is very good for spend time to watch it.

love to watch it, even my mom and my dad like to watch it !!

good overall play of events, but it was dragged a bit too long...

such am amazing drama, betty did such a great job in her role.

this was good, but i still think it lack something but can't really explain

I'm finished the whole series, good story, good actors, really recommended to any one who like ancient series. That's not fun as a man having too many women around, you have to be smart to have women surround you. Poor babies, most of them died before they born.

I still feel that this is one of the best China series that I have ever watch for these few years... It is no right or wrong.. It all depends on which perspective that you are viewing from... THumbs up for u.

This show should be the standard of all palace intrigue dramas!

love this drama, even my grandmother and grandfather love to watch this every night~~

THIS drama is good but i dunt like the love story between those two main characters becuase its kinda too bored

This is a very good drama, the casting is good, the story is good (way better the HK drama). Strongly recommended.