54 posts in this topic

0d72994474478d0a500ffe2.jpg

Title: 后宫·甄嬛传 // Hou Gong Zhen Huan Zhuan // Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan

Episode: Unknown

Genre:Ancient, Romance

Main Cast: Sun Li, Chen Jian Bin, Ada Choi, Simon Li and Li Dong Xue

Boardcast date: Nov 2011

Synopsis

It tells the story of one of Emperor Yongzheng's concubines, Zhen Huan, who's the mother of Prince Hongli (the famous Emperor Qianlong).

Court drama "Hou Gong Zhen Huan Zhuan" (Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan) is now shooting at a temple site in Beijing. This drama unites director, Zeng Xiao Long, with screenwriter, Liu Lian Zi, and will star Sun Li, Chen Jian Bin, Hong Kong TVB rising star Ada Choi, Taiwan Golden Bell Award winner Simon Li and Li Dong Xue.

Sun Li to play a scheming court concubine

This drama, adapted from popular Internet novel of the same name, will tell the story of the heroine, Zhen Huan (Sun Li), who joined the palace harem with her sister. She was selected to be Emperor Yongzheng's (Chen Jian Bin) concubine. When Zhen Huan first enters the palace, she is innocent and gullible, but gradually learnd the hard way to fend for herself when she inadvertently becomes caught up in the schemes between the Empress (Ada Choi) and Concubine Hua (Jiang Xin). Through cunning and deceit, Zhen Huan finally succeeds in becoming Empress. However, she arouses Emperor Yongzheng's suspicion about her loyalty and is forced to poison her true love, 17th Prince. Finally, when Emperor Yongzheng dies and Hong Li ascends the throne, Concubine Zhen Huan becomes Empress Dowager. Though her future seems bright, she lives the rest of her life in sadness and guilt.

translation by xiaolong @ spcnet

Trailer:

Edited by ♥SiLvErBeAr♥

The trailer for the drama showcases great acting chops, if only Sun Li wasn't the lead. The actress can act, but her acting somehow always comes off as unpolished. Perhaps that's her charm.

Since its just begin shooting not too long ago.I bet it quite a while until we will be able to see this drama. From the trailer itself it looks like a very interesting drama-- my kind of drama with good actress n actors in it.Hope I dont get to wait too long.

Interesting they billed Ada Choi as "TVB rising star".. she's been there for about 2 decades now. I can't wait for this drama too. Saw the 15 minute trailer and it looks very interesting. There's A LOT of concubines this time around, moreso than the other dramas, and it looks great. Always wanted to see Ada in a Qing drama.

Woah, I was halfway of making this topic when I came across this thread on google. I only searched with the Chinese name. :p

This is expected to air this November, I'm not sure about the channel. I recommend watching the full 29 min trailer on Tudou. Sun Li's acting is amazing!

I downloaded the full seven books and found out that novel took place in a made up timeline, where the Emperor is not old or shaved. I would love to see the original setting recreated, instead of seeing it forced on a real dynasty. The characters' names and age had to be changed to fit the new world. It's a little disappointing if not for the amazing actors. Plus, it's nice to finally have a series with the actors REAL voices.

Hey Minchi, can you d/l the 30 min trailer and then put it on MU? Would like to watch it while I wait for the series to air.

I love series that revolve around the "hou gong"!! (: I'm excited for this.

I am upto episode 50. Definitely a great drama.

I had doubts about Sun Li acting in this type of character, but you have to watch it to believe it. She is amazing in here.

Great cast. Great story.

Totally recommend it to anyone who loves a good ancient drama.

I'm up to 56. I wonder why there's only 56 though? ): Is it a leak or something?

It's a really good drama though. Definitely one of the better palace dramas.

it is the leak version.

不是不更新,是根本没有,传闻遭遇禁播,所以也暂时没有任何国内的网站敢泄露后面的出来!只能等了....

poor emperor and his harem, cant imagine how these ladies can live with so many others

Although it's a different time period compared to "War and Beauty". But, the storyline and characters are 80% copycat. China actress are pretty impressing though. I highly recommend this drama. Also, background settings are quite realistic.

great movie and i feel is one of the best series for this year

This was a great drama, I've never finished watching a drama that has 76 long episodes before! The elaborate schemes are especially impressive, they're unlike the simple, irrational schemes you see in any recent palace dramas. You will see cruel, vicious women stabbing each other in the back and an emperor that is not appealing in personality or appearance, BUT you will enjoy it none the less. Lol.

The story can be split into three parts: when Zhen Huan first entered the palace, after she was exiled, and when she came back for revenge. You will the morph of her character from an innocent girl to a strong and calculating woman (over a period of more than 10 years (?)). I really enjoy watching a heroine who is not perfect, innocent, and "nice".

The songs were great, and all the actors were wonderful!

This series is very good. I ended up watching it three times. Highly recommended.

This series is pretty good but i dont think the castsare very good looking pretty

I agree, this drama is definitely a great production. Recently, there are so many palace drama, it is the best one. Great casts, and I think Sun Li is amazing! Can't wait to watch the rest of the episode.

Omg, this drama is really sad. But Shun Li's acting is very good, just so sad that Yun Li died

finished the drama. although it was 76 episodes, not once did I feel it was draggy or too long.

best drama of 2011, or in fact...best drama for a long time!

exceptional acting from everyone, especially the leads.

very well thought out story. credits go to the author of coz, but also credits to the production team for sticking to the original novel very closely.

Although it's a different time period compared to "War and Beauty". But, the storyline and characters are 80% copycat. China actress are pretty impressing though. I highly recommend this drama. Also, background settings are quite realistic.

I don't really get how this can be compared to War and Beauty. I think the plot is actually very different.

Anyway, this is definitely one of the best ancient series that I have seen in a few years now. I really really like BBJX. Didn't think anything could top it, but HGZHZ has definitely outdone it (in my opinion). I'm surprised that there has not been much discussion about it. It's so good!

Edited by nubcake