* Also known as: New Princess Returning Pearl

* Genre: Period, Romance, Comedy

* Episodes: 80

* Broadcast network: Hunan TV

* Broadcast period: 2011 July 16 -

Cast

* Li Sheng as Xiao Yan Zi / Guo Luo Luo / Hua Ying

* Hai Lu (海陆) as Xia Ziwei

* Zhang Rui (张睿) as Yong Qi / Wu A Ge (5th prince)

* Li Jia Hang (李佳航) as Fu Erkang

* Qiu Xin Zhi as Emperor Qianlong

* Sun Yao Qi (孙耀琦) as Jin Suo

* Sheren Tang as Empress Ulanara

* Fang Qing Zhuo (方青卓) as Rong Mo Mo

* Liu Xiao Ye (刘晓晔) as Concubine Ling

* Benjamin (潘傑明) as Benjamin

* Wang Jin Duo (王今铎) as Liu Qing

* Zhou Fang(周放) as Liu Hong

* Lu Hong (路宏) as Fu Ertai

* Chai Bi Yun (柴碧云) as Sai Ya

* Ruby Lin as Xia Yuhe (Zi Wei's mother)

* Lei Zhen Yu (雷镇语) as Fulun

* Chen Hui Juan (陈慧娟) as Fu Jin

* Qu Ao Hui (瞿澳辉) as Xiao Dengzi (Little Stool)

* Xin Xin (辛新) as Xiao Wen Zi (Little Mosquito)

* Zhang Zhuo Wen (张倬闻) as Xiao Zhuo Zi (Little Table)

* Chen Mu Yi (陈木易) as Xiao Chong Zi (Little Worm)

* Yu Ying Ying (于莹莹) as Ming Yue

* Ma Xiang Ii (马湘宜) as Cai Xia

* Zhuang Qing Ning (莊慶宁) as Concubine Yu

* Kan Qing Zi (阚清子) as Princess Xin Rong

* Qin Lan as Xueyin (Xiao Yan Zi's mother)

* Zhang Jia Ni as Du Ruolan

* Gang Yi (刚毅) as Ji Xiaolan

* Liu Chang Wei (刘昌伟) as Chang Shou

* Xing Han Qing (邢瀚卿) as Fu Heng

* Xu Ya Zhou (徐亚洲) as Lang Shining/Giuseppe Castiglione

* Yang Feng Yu (杨丰宇) as E Min

* Zang Jin Sheng as Officer Liang

* Wang He Ning (王鹤鸣) as Chef Zhuang

* Wang Jian Xin as Qi Ke’er

* Nige Mutu (尼格木图) as Ali Hezhuo

* Liu Xue Hua as Dowager Empress Chong Qing

* Zhao Li Ying (赵丽颖) as Qing Er

* Gao Zi Qi (高梓淇) as Xiao Jian

* Madina Mammat (麦迪娜.买买提) as Han Xiang

* Zhang Dan Feng as Mardan

* Ai Ru as Jin Ling Zi

Titles and Episodes

Season 1 还珠格格之燕儿翩翩飞 30 episodes

Romanisation: Huan Zhu Ge Ge Zhi Yan Er Pian Pian Fei

Season 2 还珠格格之风儿阵阵吹 30 episodes

Romanisation: Huan Zhu Ge Ge Zhi Feng Er Zhen Zhen Chui

Season 3 还珠格格之人儿何处归 20 episodes

Romanisation: Huan Zhu Ge Ge Zhi Ren Er He Chu Gui

Synopsis

Season 1

Zi Wei, an illegitimate child of Qianlong Emperor makes her way to the capital where she meets Xiao Yan Zi, a tomboy who performs martial arts in the town square to earn her keep. The two girls become sworn sisters and Xiao Yan Zi promises to help Zi Wei find her father, Qianlong Emperor. Xiao Yan Zi is proclaimed princess by Qianlong who believes her to be his daughter. Meanwhile, Zi Wei is falling for Er Kang, a minister and private guard of the king. While in the palace, Xiao Yan Zi has caught the eye of her ‘brother’, Yong Qi who is the fifth prince. The court artist, Benjamin is also hopelessly in love with Xiao Yan Zi. Although he’s engaged to Princess Xing Rong, Yong Qi finds himself drawn toward Xiao Yan Zi. The group hatches a plan to get Zi Wei acknowledged as the true princess while keeping Xiao Yan Zi’s head safe from the guillotine. Xiao Yan Zi and Zi Wei’s antics in the palace attract attention from everyone, the emperor, the empress, the doting concubines, as well as the stern dowager empress and her confidante, Princess Qing/Qing Er.

Production Credits

* Original writing (novel): Huan Zhu Ge Ge by Qiong Yao

* Screenwriter: Qiong Yao

* Producer: Wei Wen Bin (魏文彬)

* Directors: Li Ping (李平), Ding Yang Guo

-Drama Wiki-

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Coming soon, and a remake of the famous Princess Pearl.

The original series brought instant fame to Vicki Zhao, Ruby Lin and Alec Su.

I believe another set will too either become famous or famous flop.

I not sure how much will change however this storyline will includes a Western guy called Benjamin who will become part of a love triangle with no other than our lovable Xiao Yan.

Forgot about Princess Pearl

More information: New My Fair Princess Facebook

What do you think?

To be honest I not really a big fan of Zhao Wei however I am a big fan of her role as Princess Pearl. She give her character the unique big eye and amazing bubbly personality.

Her annoys and unique quick straight forward speech must be credit to the screenwriter, hopefully, their too can keep it up. (If it My Own Swordsman screenwriter this might be good)

I will give the new cast a chance before dismissing them. Would you?

I will write more once it start.

Trailer

TVB has started promoting.

Edited by wendy
Added more info.
1 person likes this

I am not sure which version of huan zhu gege is better yet, i personally perefer the old casts, the old one was the most impressive, but i have to say the new version of Xiao yanzi is really good, Li Sheng is a very good Xiao Yanzi. but i dont like Rong Mo Mo, she acts too funny, not devil enough.

Its quite good. has a style of its own and more comedy than the original. good watch so far

瓊瑤透露,新《還珠格格》的創作一直以“快樂”為主題,並不在乎是否超越舊版。

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%82%84%E7%...%96%E5%8A%87%29 (as of Aug 2th)

According to Qing Yao, the purpose of this version is written based on the theme of "happy". It doesn't care if it will or will not be better than the older version.

Love this series.. All the Ka Ka are beautiful and cute... Waiting for new Kaka..

it is quite okay despite the many bashings it recieved

first one is better! will try when more episode is out.

the original cast is better. prettier!! ok maybe the new er kang's better in terms of look and acting. less of a wood but he is a bit short.

I think Qiong Yao was smart to make this Xiao Yan Zi "smarter" than the old one, and the addition of Benjamin does make the series funnier. I also like how they expanded on how people are mistaking Zi Wei to loving the Emperor romantically. It makes more a better storytelling, in my opinion.

Sure, there are some parts I can do without, but as a whole (so far), I do like this series. Time will tell if I like it better than the original. The characters are more three-dimensional, I think.

What really annoys me though, is the new Zi Wei. I think it's because in the original, it seems like Vicki and Ruby were the two leads and the new Zi Wei here is more like a secondary character. Which makes more sense because the title of this drama is about Xiao Yan Zi, but it just annoys me.

the original was my favorite drama when i was little and this one is pretty good too. some people are too critical and i think they should give it a chance. :)

this drama is alright but the progress is quite slow.... will continue watching..

I think the old and new version are good on their own ways.

ofc old one is best but the new one not that bad either, I also like those new casts, going to be interesting to continue to watching this. <3

wow i totally didnt realise it was 13 years since the first one ><" damn.. feeling old now..

this new one is alright.

love this drama, although is adopted from the own series but it contains its own style and has new elements in this drama. It shows each characters their own personal character, very fun to watch! Can't wait to see the up coming EPS!!!

Comparisons are going to be made. There's no avoiding that. I have things that I liked and I things that I absolutely cannot stand. I enjoy comedy but then there's also too much of it. I do not like Benjamin's character because I think his purpose serves no purpose. In this remake, I actually wanted the love triangle between Er Tai, Yong Qi, and Xiao Yan Zi to be more pronounced. Instead Er Tai's attraction doesn't even exist. Li Sheng has her own charm as Xiao Yan Zi but she tries too hard sometimes and it hinders on her performance. However, I do like the fact that they show progress in Xiao Yan Zi's educational progress. It makes her smarter. Though I love Sheren Tang, her acting talent is wasted. The Empress is supposed to be the villain yet the writing has placed a comedic sense into her role. Rong Mo Mo, the actress is a big disappointment. If she's made out to be evil then she should be. She delivers her line as if this was solely a comedy show. It's about family, love, and overcoming obstacles with dashes of tasteful comedy. Personally, I think there's too much comedy in this version.

However, I am liking the fact that Qiong Yao is expanding on Xiao Yan Zi's background. I'm loving the vibrant colors of the show and the gorgeous costumes. I think the new Er Kang has the strongest acting capability among the young actors.

Good so far...i like the cast...i never seen the original one so i cant compare

seems like the old one is better than the new one. But still early to say. so far so ggod

i am in the episode 39 and I think the drama is ok^^. Benjamin is very nice an d handsome, I like him^^. And Qing Er is very beautiful.

I like the old cast better... the new cast just doesn't fit as well i guess. The western person is a new interesting factor... got to watch how it develops before i make anymore bs comments.

this is not as good as the the previous one....got bored at certain points.

i saw the first few episodes...still think the old one is a lot better.

I did not have any new hope for " New my fair princess " , after all, a remake, but after seeing that really surprised me , ah , really very good .