* Also known as: New Princess Returning Pearl

* Genre: Period, Romance, Comedy

* Episodes: 80

* Broadcast network: Hunan TV

* Broadcast period: 2011 July 16 -

Cast

* Li Sheng as Xiao Yan Zi / Guo Luo Luo / Hua Ying

* Hai Lu (海陆) as Xia Ziwei

* Zhang Rui (张睿) as Yong Qi / Wu A Ge (5th prince)

* Li Jia Hang (李佳航) as Fu Erkang

* Qiu Xin Zhi as Emperor Qianlong

* Sun Yao Qi (孙耀琦) as Jin Suo

* Sheren Tang as Empress Ulanara

* Fang Qing Zhuo (方青卓) as Rong Mo Mo

* Liu Xiao Ye (刘晓晔) as Concubine Ling

* Benjamin (潘傑明) as Benjamin

* Wang Jin Duo (王今铎) as Liu Qing

* Zhou Fang(周放) as Liu Hong

* Lu Hong (路宏) as Fu Ertai

* Chai Bi Yun (柴碧云) as Sai Ya

* Ruby Lin as Xia Yuhe (Zi Wei's mother)

* Lei Zhen Yu (雷镇语) as Fulun

* Chen Hui Juan (陈慧娟) as Fu Jin

* Qu Ao Hui (瞿澳辉) as Xiao Dengzi (Little Stool)

* Xin Xin (辛新) as Xiao Wen Zi (Little Mosquito)

* Zhang Zhuo Wen (张倬闻) as Xiao Zhuo Zi (Little Table)

* Chen Mu Yi (陈木易) as Xiao Chong Zi (Little Worm)

* Yu Ying Ying (于莹莹) as Ming Yue

* Ma Xiang Ii (马湘宜) as Cai Xia

* Zhuang Qing Ning (莊慶宁) as Concubine Yu

* Kan Qing Zi (阚清子) as Princess Xin Rong

* Qin Lan as Xueyin (Xiao Yan Zi's mother)

* Zhang Jia Ni as Du Ruolan

* Gang Yi (刚毅) as Ji Xiaolan

* Liu Chang Wei (刘昌伟) as Chang Shou

* Xing Han Qing (邢瀚卿) as Fu Heng

* Xu Ya Zhou (徐亚洲) as Lang Shining/Giuseppe Castiglione

* Yang Feng Yu (杨丰宇) as E Min

* Zang Jin Sheng as Officer Liang

* Wang He Ning (王鹤鸣) as Chef Zhuang

* Wang Jian Xin as Qi Ke’er

* Nige Mutu (尼格木图) as Ali Hezhuo

* Liu Xue Hua as Dowager Empress Chong Qing

* Zhao Li Ying (赵丽颖) as Qing Er

* Gao Zi Qi (高梓淇) as Xiao Jian

* Madina Mammat (麦迪娜.买买提) as Han Xiang

* Zhang Dan Feng as Mardan

* Ai Ru as Jin Ling Zi

Titles and Episodes

Season 1 还珠格格之燕儿翩翩飞 30 episodes

Romanisation: Huan Zhu Ge Ge Zhi Yan Er Pian Pian Fei

Season 2 还珠格格之风儿阵阵吹 30 episodes

Romanisation: Huan Zhu Ge Ge Zhi Feng Er Zhen Zhen Chui

Season 3 还珠格格之人儿何处归 20 episodes

Romanisation: Huan Zhu Ge Ge Zhi Ren Er He Chu Gui

Synopsis

Season 1

Zi Wei, an illegitimate child of Qianlong Emperor makes her way to the capital where she meets Xiao Yan Zi, a tomboy who performs martial arts in the town square to earn her keep. The two girls become sworn sisters and Xiao Yan Zi promises to help Zi Wei find her father, Qianlong Emperor. Xiao Yan Zi is proclaimed princess by Qianlong who believes her to be his daughter. Meanwhile, Zi Wei is falling for Er Kang, a minister and private guard of the king. While in the palace, Xiao Yan Zi has caught the eye of her ‘brother’, Yong Qi who is the fifth prince. The court artist, Benjamin is also hopelessly in love with Xiao Yan Zi. Although he’s engaged to Princess Xing Rong, Yong Qi finds himself drawn toward Xiao Yan Zi. The group hatches a plan to get Zi Wei acknowledged as the true princess while keeping Xiao Yan Zi’s head safe from the guillotine. Xiao Yan Zi and Zi Wei’s antics in the palace attract attention from everyone, the emperor, the empress, the doting concubines, as well as the stern dowager empress and her confidante, Princess Qing/Qing Er.

Production Credits

* Original writing (novel): Huan Zhu Ge Ge by Qiong Yao

* Screenwriter: Qiong Yao

* Producer: Wei Wen Bin (魏文彬)

* Directors: Li Ping (李平), Ding Yang Guo

-Drama Wiki-

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Coming soon, and a remake of the famous Princess Pearl.

The original series brought instant fame to Vicki Zhao, Ruby Lin and Alec Su.

I believe another set will too either become famous or famous flop.

I not sure how much will change however this storyline will includes a Western guy called Benjamin who will become part of a love triangle with no other than our lovable Xiao Yan.

Forgot about Princess Pearl

More information: New My Fair Princess Facebook

What do you think?

To be honest I not really a big fan of Zhao Wei however I am a big fan of her role as Princess Pearl. She give her character the unique big eye and amazing bubbly personality.

Her annoys and unique quick straight forward speech must be credit to the screenwriter, hopefully, their too can keep it up. (If it My Own Swordsman screenwriter this might be good)

I will give the new cast a chance before dismissing them. Would you?

I will write more once it start.

Trailer

TVB has started promoting.

Edited by wendy
Added more info.
1 person likes this

Series look awesome however it was suprising that they didn't pick a better looking actress to play as Xia Ziwei. She is average looking at most (Hai Lu), and really disappointed as she is one of the main role in the story. I can see actress Hai Lu who play as Ziwei does look like actress Li Sheng who play Xiao Yan Zi, maybe they try to make them look alike to show them that they are closely related as sisters.

The am a fan of the original one, but am also anticipating this new series. Afterall, it has been 13 years since this storyline has come across.

Opening theme: I really like the color! Music isn't bad, but the original still holds a stronger attraction.

First 2 episodes: Boy is there a lot of fighting... Honestly, those fighting scenes last for minutes and aren't at all significant to the story. Just take the funniest parts in the fight and that would suffice, but no, the director makes you watch minutes and minutes of it...

White guy is funny, but I'm not interested in his role. Feel that his addition had stripped away Yong Qi's scenes with Xiao Yan Zi, and wash away Er Tai's inital attraction for Xiao Yan Zi. I was really hoping to see more chemistry and development between Er Tai and Xiao Yan Zi; Er Tai's cast is quite cute... i

I would still be on the chase for this series though, it's a wonderful story to begin with.

I likes this version a lot, good color, actress and actor are pretty good. Hopefully they have Cantonese version soon

i'm surprised for the remake.. didn't think one would be coming out at all, i'm hoping this will have english subtitles.. my mando is pretty horrible =( but excited for this to come out!

just started watching this, it's pretty funny too and the pace is faster than the original one..

I wasn't planning to watch this series. But thought will give it a chance. It too much like the original. Especially the theme tune. They even remade the story of Xiao Yan Zi stealing from a wedding and I then fighting to escape. I know it remake, but they can still create different theme music and new sences. It not bad, i just think original way better. I think the series will be good for people who never seen the original.

I had high hopes for this one since it's a remake but I also love the original with Vicki and Ruby. Not so sure about it now with the cast that was chosen. I'll have to wait and see. I'm sure it's different in it's own way from the original to make it interesting. Only time will tell I guess...

this was a great movie ever, luv to watch, but can't wait! jst want to come out now

i'm waiting for the cantonese, but because i couldn't wait, i watched the 1st episode of the mando version. i tot it wasn't that bad, i agree it was fast pace, but i dunnoe, first come first serve, still love the 1st one the most! =p it's weird to see someone imitating as that character, beside vicki....u noe wat i mean rite?

This is a great show, which I am longing to watch. Never really interesting to watch show from China. But this one is not the same. It had so many rumors and gossips online about it. I think TVB will be soon play this one, too.

It is not fair to compare the new to the old version. I heard that Hong kong have a pretty good reaction to this show

Not as bad as I expected. Xiao Yan Zi was casted well, she has natural 小燕子charm. The girl playing 小燕子 does a decent if not good job, even though her acting is a lot like Vicki Zhao's and she looks like Vicki, I don't feel like I'm watching a phony trying to copy Vicki.

The girl playing Zi Wei doesn't command empathy from the audience, which is really important for 紫薇‘s role... 紫薇 is supposed to WOW everyone with her beauty, gentleness, wisdom and inner strength, while drawing empathy from the audience because of her tragic life...

Even though Ruby Lin's acting wasn't very good in her 还珠格格 days, her giant watery doe-like eyes gave her a great advantage... she was very good at looking beautifully pitiful. This girl... doesn't have the beauty and the elegant 紫薇 aura.

I must say, this is much much much much better than the third series... that one had me shuddering, this one is fun to watch, and doesn't ruin my memories of 还珠格格 like the third series did.

I know I'm being harsh but I seriously I can't stand to watch this version (watched a few eps) I am a big fan of the old and this new version's Xiao Yan Zi is ugly. Could have picked a better looking girl for a main character.

Well, it can't be an exact replicate of the old one or else its just plain boring but Ruby Lin is going to special guest in it. I'm not sure abt the actresses, personally loved Vicki and Ruby. They are so pretty and portrayed the parts so perfectly.

honestly, i think that the benjamin is taking away yong qi and xyz's sweet scenes. i personally don't really like him there. but i've seen this xyz in calling for love and she caught my attention, so i think she's good.

At the beginning from "New Huan Zhu Ge ge" I dont like it much, because the actors are not beautiful. But now I like it a little bit because of "Xiao Yan Zi´s" funny action.

This is really funny!But i loved the old version much more.Ruby lin and zhao wei acted really well then

So far I think that Li Sheng is doing a good job of Xiao Yan Zi. She is mischievous and funny, but Hai Lu as Xia Ziwei was a horrible choice. She doesn't have the elegant or gentleness to be Xia Ziwei.

interesting reenact of the very popular show hope it lives up to its name

Watching the HD-720P TV version is really hard because it comes out a day later than the MangoTV ones! But for the quality & length of the show, it's worth it! Really love this drama & the new addition of Benjamin has its good & bad points, but I'm loving the changes in this drama because like that we can't totally compare it with the first version! The only thing I'm still complaining about, since episode 01, is the female actress who plays Zi Wei T_T She spoils my image of Zi Wei! ):

I just don't find the actress playing Xiao Yan Zie in this version, cute at all. Can;t stand to watch it.