* Also known as: New Princess Returning Pearl

* Genre: Period, Romance, Comedy

* Episodes: 80

* Broadcast network: Hunan TV

* Broadcast period: 2011 July 16 -

Cast

* Li Sheng as Xiao Yan Zi / Guo Luo Luo / Hua Ying

* Hai Lu (海陆) as Xia Ziwei

* Zhang Rui (张睿) as Yong Qi / Wu A Ge (5th prince)

* Li Jia Hang (李佳航) as Fu Erkang

* Qiu Xin Zhi as Emperor Qianlong

* Sun Yao Qi (孙耀琦) as Jin Suo

* Sheren Tang as Empress Ulanara

* Fang Qing Zhuo (方青卓) as Rong Mo Mo

* Liu Xiao Ye (刘晓晔) as Concubine Ling

* Benjamin (潘傑明) as Benjamin

* Wang Jin Duo (王今铎) as Liu Qing

* Zhou Fang(周放) as Liu Hong

* Lu Hong (路宏) as Fu Ertai

* Chai Bi Yun (柴碧云) as Sai Ya

* Ruby Lin as Xia Yuhe (Zi Wei's mother)

* Lei Zhen Yu (雷镇语) as Fulun

* Chen Hui Juan (陈慧娟) as Fu Jin

* Qu Ao Hui (瞿澳辉) as Xiao Dengzi (Little Stool)

* Xin Xin (辛新) as Xiao Wen Zi (Little Mosquito)

* Zhang Zhuo Wen (张倬闻) as Xiao Zhuo Zi (Little Table)

* Chen Mu Yi (陈木易) as Xiao Chong Zi (Little Worm)

* Yu Ying Ying (于莹莹) as Ming Yue

* Ma Xiang Ii (马湘宜) as Cai Xia

* Zhuang Qing Ning (莊慶宁) as Concubine Yu

* Kan Qing Zi (阚清子) as Princess Xin Rong

* Qin Lan as Xueyin (Xiao Yan Zi's mother)

* Zhang Jia Ni as Du Ruolan

* Gang Yi (刚毅) as Ji Xiaolan

* Liu Chang Wei (刘昌伟) as Chang Shou

* Xing Han Qing (邢瀚卿) as Fu Heng

* Xu Ya Zhou (徐亚洲) as Lang Shining/Giuseppe Castiglione

* Yang Feng Yu (杨丰宇) as E Min

* Zang Jin Sheng as Officer Liang

* Wang He Ning (王鹤鸣) as Chef Zhuang

* Wang Jian Xin as Qi Ke’er

* Nige Mutu (尼格木图) as Ali Hezhuo

* Liu Xue Hua as Dowager Empress Chong Qing

* Zhao Li Ying (赵丽颖) as Qing Er

* Gao Zi Qi (高梓淇) as Xiao Jian

* Madina Mammat (麦迪娜.买买提) as Han Xiang

* Zhang Dan Feng as Mardan

* Ai Ru as Jin Ling Zi

Titles and Episodes

Season 1 还珠格格之燕儿翩翩飞 30 episodes

Romanisation: Huan Zhu Ge Ge Zhi Yan Er Pian Pian Fei

Season 2 还珠格格之风儿阵阵吹 30 episodes

Romanisation: Huan Zhu Ge Ge Zhi Feng Er Zhen Zhen Chui

Season 3 还珠格格之人儿何处归 20 episodes

Romanisation: Huan Zhu Ge Ge Zhi Ren Er He Chu Gui

Synopsis

Season 1

Zi Wei, an illegitimate child of Qianlong Emperor makes her way to the capital where she meets Xiao Yan Zi, a tomboy who performs martial arts in the town square to earn her keep. The two girls become sworn sisters and Xiao Yan Zi promises to help Zi Wei find her father, Qianlong Emperor. Xiao Yan Zi is proclaimed princess by Qianlong who believes her to be his daughter. Meanwhile, Zi Wei is falling for Er Kang, a minister and private guard of the king. While in the palace, Xiao Yan Zi has caught the eye of her ‘brother’, Yong Qi who is the fifth prince. The court artist, Benjamin is also hopelessly in love with Xiao Yan Zi. Although he’s engaged to Princess Xing Rong, Yong Qi finds himself drawn toward Xiao Yan Zi. The group hatches a plan to get Zi Wei acknowledged as the true princess while keeping Xiao Yan Zi’s head safe from the guillotine. Xiao Yan Zi and Zi Wei’s antics in the palace attract attention from everyone, the emperor, the empress, the doting concubines, as well as the stern dowager empress and her confidante, Princess Qing/Qing Er.

Production Credits

* Original writing (novel): Huan Zhu Ge Ge by Qiong Yao

* Screenwriter: Qiong Yao

* Producer: Wei Wen Bin (魏文彬)

* Directors: Li Ping (李平), Ding Yang Guo

-Drama Wiki-

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Coming soon, and a remake of the famous Princess Pearl.

The original series brought instant fame to Vicki Zhao, Ruby Lin and Alec Su.

I believe another set will too either become famous or famous flop.

I not sure how much will change however this storyline will includes a Western guy called Benjamin who will become part of a love triangle with no other than our lovable Xiao Yan.

Forgot about Princess Pearl

More information: New My Fair Princess Facebook

What do you think?

To be honest I not really a big fan of Zhao Wei however I am a big fan of her role as Princess Pearl. She give her character the unique big eye and amazing bubbly personality.

Her annoys and unique quick straight forward speech must be credit to the screenwriter, hopefully, their too can keep it up. (If it My Own Swordsman screenwriter this might be good)

I will give the new cast a chance before dismissing them. Would you?

I will write more once it start.

Trailer

TVB has started promoting.

Edited by wendy
Added more info.
1 person likes this

yea this is my childhood favourite drama.. I am sure the remake will be good too... hopefully it will be

yeah..i looking its for long time..its my love series all the time..cant waiting come out

I'm kind of iffy about this remake since I'm a massive fan of the original. What I do like about this remake is that they delve more into Xiao Yan Zi's past. I don't like the fact that there is a Western character in there. Maybe when I start watching, I'll change my mind but hopefully we get to see some trailers soon.

i rmembrer back then i watch the first and second series of this super touching man and the relationship hella complicated

I'm also a little concerned about adding a Western character. Let's hope Auntie Qiong Yao hasn't lost her touch. Don't think it can replace the original, but there's no harm in trying.

You know what they should do? Remake Tian Shang Ren Jian with Vicki Zhao, Ruby Lin, Alec Su, Zhang Tie Lin, etc.

This new cast--every single one of them-- just looks weird to me.

hey how nice, the original was pretty good, but then i like vicki zhao as an actress in general since her most recent series have been really good.

the old one was very good , hope this remake will also be as pretty as the old one !!

I am the fans of the original one. I dont really like the characters in this new one, and i dont think this will be as good as the old one......

Hmm a remake of My Fair Princess. Hope this will be good and not disappointing like My Fair Princess 3. :)

Since this is a remake...my expectations are quite high. I think I am going to wait till all the episodes are out. Hopefully this remake will meet my expectations!

Really excited to catch it! Love the whole story, it's EPIC!

I am the fans of the original one. I dont really like the characters in this new one, and i dont think this will be as good as the old one......

Same hi5 i like the characters from the previous version i cant even tell the difference between zi wei and xiao yan zi in the trailer they look so similar

just watched the first two episodes. it is different from the original, but the new parts added aren't that bad. it adds a new flavor to this story so that it's not the exact same story line from the original. plus, i think benjamin will make the series more interesting... :D

Ah, I'm glad they changed something here. I hope it's better than the first one. But why can't the writer create a new love story for us? Either way, I would love to watch this one.

It is a repeat of the original Huanzhugege where zhao wei becomes so famous. First season of original huanzhugege is good and subsequent is also good, though not as good. Hope this new version can be good as well. Waiting to watch

Watched the first 2 eps and loving it so far. The cast are doing a great job at the remake and the new stories are good too. Definitely as good as the original. But the original will always be the best show in my heart

I spy Zhang Jia Ni in the cast listing. I wonder if she will be in the first season. I hope this comes out in Mandarin dub.

i hope this remake will be good as the original one. will try when more episode is out.

i can't wait to see new fair princess. when is this series comming? i didn't see from the direct download form yet. can someone please upload all the EPS?