Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest wdan

Jackie Chan too old to make movies?

348 posts in this topic

I reckon that Jackie chan should retire.... His too old to make any more action movies?

i think jackie chan is well too old for movies and singing he should well retire now and jet li too

Your probably right because, like some of you said, it lacks a solid story and is just focused on his martial arts.

I think his old movies were better, like rush hour 2

Edited by aLWAYSASHLEY

Jackie Chan maybe too old for action movie in someway. Retire maybe too bore for him. I think he will hang around more than we think .

.... its jacky chan what more do you need to say.... you are too old for him...

He definitely can't stop his body from getting old. As he ages I'm sure his body has pain from previous injuries. Some of his recent movies had more dialogue for him rather than action like "Big Soldier, Little Soldier" (?). Since he's done mostly action movies it's easy to overlook his acting skills; which IMO are okay.

what do you guys think about this topic?time will tell man

I agree he should . Hes going to end up injuring himself if he continues

Sylvester Stallone is still making action movies in his 60s. I think Jackie Chan still has several years to go. :) He probably feels bored sitting around anyway

Jackie chan doesn't make good movies anymore. not exciting to watch.

I agree that Jackie maybe too old to make action movies. But I don't think he should retire now , he can change his post from actor to director or just invest money for the movies industries.

he can always design the action scenes like how sammo is doing nowadays.

too old to make ACTION movies. Like most artists, as they age, they move behind the scenes. Just be glad we all got to see him in his prime, cause we will never ever see another jacky chan.

jackie chan seldom action movie any more, just participate in movie to make his appearance

Regardless of how much $$$ he's having, he's bit too old to shoot action movies !!!!!

too old to make movies? no .. b/c there are older characters in a movie.. but if you mean whether he's too old to make action movies.. yes..

Definitely take the side line to hardcore martial arts movies, he really can't risk injuring himself anymore. I couldn't believe how many bones he broke back in the days with his old movies!!

i totally agree that since 5 - 6 years back, Jackie's movies, either his own company's productions or Hollywood's productions are rather flops compared to his earlier movies from the mid-80's to early 90's. But we have to understand that he's getting old and you can't expect him to take the risks in his stunts as compared to his younger days. Also, the guy is already filthy rich so he doesn't need to perform those death defying stunts which is his trade mark earlier. However, I would love to see him co-operating again with Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao in another movie with a throw back to their earlier co-operation like "Project A" ......

i think that the movies that Jackie Chan is in now are lame. His older movies were so much better, so i think that he should retire but it would still be fine if he made cameos.

Never really liked him, wasn't ever too young to make one either.

he is a terrible actor and after a while, get bored of the monkey acts.

The special thing about Jacky Chan is he used to do his own stunts.

With his age, I don't think he still does all of his stunt. So it's not the same Jacky Chan anymore.

So yea, I think he should retire from acting action movies...and do something else like direct/produce (which I think he's doing already?)

he s a very goof actor and some movie he s in are really funny so i would like to see more movie which has him in it