Eternal Lover

Dragon Tiger Gate - 龍虎門 [2006]

206 posts in this topic

rg0000013620001ne6.jpgrg0000013620106gg6.jpg

Cast:

Donnie Yuen

Nicholas Tse

Shawn Yue

Following their successful partnership with SPL, super action star Donnie Yen and director Wilson Yip reunite for the highly anticipated movie Dragon Tiger Gate. Together with Nicholas Tse (New Police Story) and Shawn Yue (Dragon Squad), Yen forms an invincible trio in this movie adaptation of Tony Wong's hugely popular, long-running Hong Kong comic series. The film brings alive the dynamic action and visually stunning fighting scenes from the comic books. Packed with hard-boiled action sequences, the film features 5 large-scale fighting scenes, all choreographed by Donnie Yen.

Donnie Yen is Dragon, who left the martial arts organization Dragon Tiger Gate years ago and is now working under triad leader Ma Kwun (Chen Kuan Tai, star of many Shaw Brothers swordplay films). Ma Kwun gets the Lousha Plaque which grants him the exclusive rights to do business with Shibumi, the evil leader of the Lousha Sect. Dragon's long-lost brother Tiger (Nicholas Tse), still living in Dragon Tiger Gate, accidentally gets hold of the Plaque, and the two brothers finally cross paths...

The film eventually climaxes in some spectacular fighting sequences set in the mysterious Lousha headquarters, with Dragon, Tiger, and Turbo Shek (Shawn Yue) fighting against the savage Shibumi. Apart from astounding action, Dragon Tiger Gate also contains many touching moments, which is where director Wilson Yip's strength lies. The movie co-stars Yuen Wah from Kung Fu Hustle as the kung fu master of Dragon Tiger Gate. Mainland actresses Dong Jie and Li Xiaoran play Ma Kwun's sweet daughter and vixen Lousha respectively. Tony Wong, creator of the original comic series, makes a cameo as a martial arts expert, and fans of the original comic series will surely find his appearance remarkable.

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Credit to Yesasia

Edited by SiLvErBeAr

Typical Donnie Yen movie. I watch it just for his martial art action. Nicholas and Shawn was pretty decent as well.

its not too bad nor is it good...its watchable but i wouldnt really call it great

I think the fight scenes but great but i found the movie to be overstylised, it seems to be more style over substance but if you want a movie without too much thought and lots of kicking this would do

i loved this movie

i thought the end where dragon was beating up the evil guy and punching in his face when they were falling was a bit shoddy but it was great overall

i love nicholas tse in this movie - especially at the end because when he smiles, he looks so cute :P

i liked this movie. i'm a big fan of donnie yen. Once again...bad guys need to learn: Don't mess with donnie!

i actually anticipated a long time for this movie.but then when i actually see it it wasn't the greatest movie i've seen but it isn't really that crappy. only thing was, i expected more from the fighting scenes but alot of the fighting was done by computer special effects. if there were more hard core fist to fist fighting, i think it would have been much better

I was really looking forward to seeing this after the great action flick that was SPL, but I found this to be a huge letdown. Although there were more action scenes this time, they were done horribly. The storyline felt disjointed as well. I haven't seen Flash Point yet, but I really hope that Donnie Yen and Wilson Yip redeem themselves.

donnie yen was pretty good in the fighting scenes.

good actors/actresses, good characters, good fights...mediocre at best plot. the end was jus weird...with donnie yen pulling out the xiang long shi ba zhang out of seemingly nowhere.

this movie was pretty good! although i hated how the master had to die =( but the action was still awesome!

The fighting scenes are fantastic. This movie brings back memories about the comic book that I used to collect.

Yea I totally agree, the fight scenes are freakin awesome! Its really hot!

This is one of my most favourite movie!

I love the story.

Heard that they're working on Episode 2 of this movie.

But till now there's still no update. T T

Very disappointing. It could have been a lot better if they didn't have those stupid wigs on. Looked like 3 trannies fighting.

I'm probably one of the last to watch this, but finally gave it the time because i was bored last night.

Donnie Yen being co-producer sure made himself look good. I like the action, everything else was sort of weak though.

Plot and style weakness aside, I agree the action was good for the most part of the movie. But the final fight scene was the WORST ever.

I thought the movie was okay but they used way too many special effects for the fighting scenes

i liked the fightin scene...but the story line wasnt that great overall i thought the moves was good

Donnie Yuen martial arts is genuine and I dont think he need s stunt man to do the action, thanks

Dragon Tiger Gate excellent film a mix of drama, action and kung fu and also with the actions of Donnie Yuen

which is a great actor of fight.

I only liked the fighting scenes. Wish I can fight like that. But, storyline wasn't that great. Watch it if you are bored, but get your hopes up.