Eternal Lover

Dragon Tiger Gate - 龍虎門 [2006]

206 posts in this topic

rg0000013620001ne6.jpgrg0000013620106gg6.jpg

Cast:

Donnie Yuen

Nicholas Tse

Shawn Yue

Following their successful partnership with SPL, super action star Donnie Yen and director Wilson Yip reunite for the highly anticipated movie Dragon Tiger Gate. Together with Nicholas Tse (New Police Story) and Shawn Yue (Dragon Squad), Yen forms an invincible trio in this movie adaptation of Tony Wong's hugely popular, long-running Hong Kong comic series. The film brings alive the dynamic action and visually stunning fighting scenes from the comic books. Packed with hard-boiled action sequences, the film features 5 large-scale fighting scenes, all choreographed by Donnie Yen.

Donnie Yen is Dragon, who left the martial arts organization Dragon Tiger Gate years ago and is now working under triad leader Ma Kwun (Chen Kuan Tai, star of many Shaw Brothers swordplay films). Ma Kwun gets the Lousha Plaque which grants him the exclusive rights to do business with Shibumi, the evil leader of the Lousha Sect. Dragon's long-lost brother Tiger (Nicholas Tse), still living in Dragon Tiger Gate, accidentally gets hold of the Plaque, and the two brothers finally cross paths...

The film eventually climaxes in some spectacular fighting sequences set in the mysterious Lousha headquarters, with Dragon, Tiger, and Turbo Shek (Shawn Yue) fighting against the savage Shibumi. Apart from astounding action, Dragon Tiger Gate also contains many touching moments, which is where director Wilson Yip's strength lies. The movie co-stars Yuen Wah from Kung Fu Hustle as the kung fu master of Dragon Tiger Gate. Mainland actresses Dong Jie and Li Xiaoran play Ma Kwun's sweet daughter and vixen Lousha respectively. Tony Wong, creator of the original comic series, makes a cameo as a martial arts expert, and fans of the original comic series will surely find his appearance remarkable.

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Credit to Yesasia

Edited by SiLvErBeAr

^ I agree. Donnie Yen looked pretty good which is.. interesting.

Yeah I liked this movie. The action scenes were good, there was some humor, and the plot was just whatevers, but still a decent movie. It's pretty rare for a good plot to pop up in one of these action flicks.

lol i actually liked this movie a lot. iono why. just something about it? but it's been quite a while since i've seen it. lol. is this a mando movie? cause i saw it in taiwan, so i wasnt sure if they dubbed it with mando or it's in mando. anyone know?

the story much be good la..cuz is was from a comic book.

The action during good but the chatper don't seem so match it could be better.

OKay tape i guess. thought it could use some improvement.

This movie was not that good. The fight scenes without the over the top special effects were kind of cool. But the plot was almost non-existent.

my opinion are cut donnie yen's hair little bit,because very annoying.and nicholas tse too slim.

I thought this movie was kinda kool. I agree with the whole fighting scene is crappy but other than that it was okay to watch (if not the movie than the guys in it) :).

Dupe: http://asianeuniverse.com/index.php?showtopic=239

Didn't like this movie too much. The action was decent, but the story line didn't impress me like I thought it would in the beginning. Overall, wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

yes,action is awesome,the story so....simple and messed up.and donnie the hair too annaying,and ting fung tse

too slim,he don't like a good fighter.

not really a story plot to it. for an action movie it's not that great esp for an action movie with donnie yen i expected better. there are some cool scenes it in however.

I SAW THIS MOVIE

The fighting is so cool

So want to learn kung fu now

This movie came out in New Zealand Cinema, I dunno why there is chinese movie in the cinema but i went and watch it. IT'S AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEE

I love it, especially the fighting part, Chinese Kungfu man.......

the trailer looks nice

its very impractical for a person to wear a cape he will surely lose eheheheh

wow what a movie is this just super

the fighting scene's where top of the bill.

donnie rulez

i like Donnie Yuen's movie when he fight with other. his body is so strong

i heard Nic Tse went special training for this movie. Is that true?

a good action movie... great stun as well !!! too bad there is no sequal

donnie yen is the best!!!

just love the way he fights..doesnt change much from other movies but cant get sick of it

This movie had too much action and not enough story, all the characters were a bit weird, especially Shawn Yue.

Yeah i agree.It's kinda over exaggerated.However,i do like the action.Lols.

Somebody knows about a second part of the movie?

I love the comics! I really enjoy them. The action is quite good, but its right, some story is missing.

A must see for comic and wire-fights fans.

This movie is Ku Fu busting. Now they hardly make moves like these. Fighting movies are good.

this film is soooo goood! i love da fighting scenes n da story line! thrs so much action involved, its lyk nerli a full film of just fight scenes