silverbear

[ENG] The Karate Kid - 功夫梦 [2010]

49 posts in this topic

200px-Karate_Kid_Poster.jpg

Title: The Karate Kid

Genre: Action/Drama

Director: Harald Zwart

Casts

Jackie Chan, Jaden Smith, Taraji P. Henson, Han Wen Wen, Yu Rongguan, Wang Zhenwei, Wu Zhensu, Luke Carberry

Synopsis

In Columbia Pictures' The Karate Kid, 12-year-old Dre Parker (Jaden Smith) could've been the most popular kid in Detroit, but his mother's (Taraji P. Henson) latest career move has landed him in China. Dre immediately falls for his classmate Mei Ying - and the feeling is mutual - but culture differences make such a friendship impossible. Even worse, dre's feelings make an enemy of the class bully, Cheng. In the land of kung fu, Dre knows only a little karate, and Cheng puts 'the karate kids' on the floor with ease. With no friends in a strange land, Dre has nowhere to turn but maintenance man Mr. Han (Jackie Chan), who is secretly a master of kung fu. As Han teaches Dre that kung fu is not about punches and parries, but maturity and calm, Dre realizes that facing down the bullies will be the fight of his life.

+credits to movieXclusive+

I watched this movie, its good movie. go watch it with your friend and family

this movie is a very not that Jackie's style. it is a good one but not that funny. I love the beautify sense from china. it is a beauty pictures from china. good to watch it and enjoy it. thanks

I like this movie! Watched it a few times! I think Jayden and Jackie Chan had great chemistry.

A good remake with a usual jacky chan who put his humor in this movie. also the littlee ooy plays very well.

I agree with above, hope they actually start making a sequel to this one just like the original karate kid ones.

As with all Jacky Chan's movies, there is no intriguing plot and one sees it just for plain entertainment. This is a family movie for everyone.

I had watched this movie ... it was pretty good and humorous ... the dramas were touching and the martial arts were interesting ... again jackie chan performed his role pretty well so did jaden smith.