Guest cici

Students injured in a small vehicle collison

11 posts in this topic

Students injured in a small vehicle collison

source: takungpao

translated by cici@Asianeu

several students reporting discomfort

GW-54.jpg

Yesterday at 12:30pm, some elementary school students fell from seats or hit the back of their seats due to their elementary school bus driver (60 years old) stepping on his brake trying to avoid a coming vehicle that was cutting lanes in Yau Ma Tei near Wing Sing Lane and Shanghai Street. Driver drove on seeing no one was having discomfort, but upon arrival to a health center, 22 students reported discomfort with some students' teeth smashed loose during the collison. School decided to call the police and students, 10 boys and 12 girls ranging from 8 to 9 years old, were sent to a hospital.

Edited by cici

There are increasing crazy drivers on the road despite road safety campaigns. Those poor kids could have been seriously injured. The driver should be caught and charged with dangerous driving.

I am releived to see none of the children was badly hurt. Wonder if they all wore seat belt!

they need seat belts in school buses.... might be inconvenicne but much safer....

with the hectic life style in hong kong. no wonder there are lot more crazy drivers on the road.

it is very sorry to see that happened, one thing driver should always keep in mind is sharing the road with other people

Like we always say " late is better than no show"

also, keep the street safe

I wish there is no more crazy drivers on the road

the driver should had checked the kids right away after that incident and called the police, instead of waiting till they reach to that center.

these were young kids and it's fortunate that they didn't have life threatening issues.

I have never ridden on a school bus before so I don't know. But nowadays, it's important to have seat belt in place. I think such minor injuries could've been avoided if there was seat belt for the bus.

No matter where you are in the world, there will always be crazy drivers on the road. It's all about defensive driving and self safety practice (seat belt, tires and brake check, etc.). I think the outcome would've been worst if the bus driver didn't react fast enough. Gotta him prop especially for someone who's 60 years old.

Just an advice: be more careful when you have children on the bus, even if the driver was not responsible, he had to drive slowly

I do agree, In THE U.S i see fat bus drivers driving the kids to school and speeds or brake too hard or follow to closely not to mention the bus is maybe not well maintained. I do agree the driver should of checked or spoke out to the students if they were okay.

I am releived to see none of the children was badly hurt. Wonder if they all wore seat belt!

School bus in the US does not have seat belts. I think the bus driver sped over the posted speed limit sign.