Guest cici

Owner happy to see her easily frightened parrot return home

13 posts in this topic

Owner happy to see her easily frightened parrot return home

source: takungpao

translated by cici@Asianeu

Mrs. Fok and her parrot

gw-52.jpg

At 8 o'clock last night, a parrot belonging to Fok family flew away because of shock from tiny explosion noises created during a barbecue, which the family was having with their friends and relatives on a rooftop. All family members joined in for the search of the parrot but found no trace of it until 6am in the morning when Mr. Fok heard some parrot noises which came from a tree 30 meters away from home. Turned out the parrot was tweeting on the top of the tree so the family called police for help. Firefighters arrived, set up a ladder, all ready to rescue but the parrot was somehow frightened and flew away once again. Until 11 am yesterday, Mr. Fok heard the parrot from the same place once again, who immediately turned on his cellphone loud speakers letting his wife called out "honey bee", which turned out to be effective with the parrot flying back to the apartment's rooftop onto Mrs. Fok's shoulder.

Mrs. Fok said she loves parrot because of parrot's longevity that helps to minimize sufferings of lost of loved ones. She says such parrot has a 20 years lifespan at minimum that has a 10 years longer lifespan thn cats and dogs. Because of eagles around, Mrs. Fok was worried that her parrot would become a prey that she made a decision to chain the parrot at its feet to avoid the parrot from becoming missing again.

Edited by cici

the bird flew back and land on the her shoulder, she must be pretty happy.

haha what the ... ?? what is this :D havent seen that before

bird able to do such moves is really a miracle i guess..seldom happen

The parrot is lucky to be near home unless all the heat and pollution during Hong Kong's weather right now will make the parrot strave.

Parrot is just like any pet, knows its way home, happy ending!!

This is one smart parrot and super lucky to to be able to return back home safely.

Hope the parrot doesn't get frightened again. Parrots are smart.

Isn't it a waste of human resources & taxpayers' money to call police for a case that one can actually settle it!? The parrot is lucky to have a loving owner. :)

Aw, what a cute parrot! Being so easily scared aww haha. I'm glad it got back to its owner =)

what a cute parrot!

my neighbor had one and kept talking what I said - make me happy

It's cool to see such a happy story instead of all the death and misfortune that is usually reported. Wish newspapers did more of this. They should create a newspaper that only reports on good things happening.

i'm a pet owner myself and i bet she was so glad when the parrot returned to her. i'm sure if my pet was lost and it returned i would just be as happy