Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

Man tried to commit suicide after losing his job and marital break down

22 posts in this topic

Source:The Sun

Translated by: R.E.D @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

0508-00407-036b1.jpg

Middle age man couldn't stand his double blow of losing his job as well as having marital problem with his young wife. He was so desperate that he wanted to jump down from the 13th floor. Yesterday morning, 57 year old named Yan, wearing only his shorts, was standing at the edge of the outside wall at the roof top of a building in Shum Shui Po. As it was raining and the floor was wet, the police was worried about his safety. It took the police and the fire service nearly 45 minutes to persuade him to get back inside. Yan lives with his 37 year old wife and they have a young son. He lost his job recently and he has marital problem with his wife too.

Please click the “Thank you" button if you like my post

Go to the hell is all I can tell him. Everyone has problems these days ... these are typical ones too .. gotta face it like a man .. if you can't even handle such trivial life matter; then perhaps he should just die.

there are ups and downs in life. everyone must deal with it. i think this is something that school doesn't always teach

this guy is really stupid for making such decision to loosen himself from problem

Look forward install of looking in the past. "Life is a challenge, face it with a positive attitude"

IF life was that easy, then everybody will be rich. Death is not an answer.

we never know what he's going thru, everyone has their limits, but i hope it was just a little instant urge. he'll come out of it

It sometimes too much to lose your job and love ones at the same time. I feel the guys pain - can't imagine me losing everything at onces.

Man who choose the easiest way out and leave the problems for living people left behind is a coward! When heaven shut down a door from you, it will leave a window open as well. :)

Yes .. everyone has a limit to how much s/he can handle before breaking down .. but honestly, when you hit rock bottom, things can then only go up .. you just gotta be positive. When you face life with despondency, then that's all you'll get back.

Too many times, I have heard people say that it's too much to handle but if you think again, death doesn't solve anything. It's a coward and irresponsible act; only create more problems for your family and the people who love you. If you really need help, then you gotta ask. I am sure someone, somewhere will reach out to you. People just don't do that these days. Too much pride and ego .. sigh .. well, the only ones suffering are themselves and those they loved .. not to mention ending their lives in a disgraceful note.

Why do we always say that learning is something we do throughout life? It's because life has many unexpected challenges and we gotta learn to cope with and/or overcome the obstacles. That's how we grow, mature, and become wiser as a person; from these experiences.

He definitely needs social assistance to learn how to handle these problems. I can understand his situation. As a middle man, it is very had to start a new life after losing pretty much everything but life goes on. We need to face and cope with it.

seems like hes wearing more than just his shorts in the picture, good thing the fire fighters saved him...wouldn't want another death

he is much older than his wife..20 years... i wonder what the wife thinks about this

think straight! don't be stupid man! life is toooo precious to just give it away like that! :( :( :(

there you goes, it will be depending on how strong will power of him/her when having troublesome in life's .... to continue facing the challenge or just to end the life in the simple way - commit suicide ??

This is very sad, losing his job and and having marital problems. It is easy for us to criticized him without knowing what he's gone through. I agreed that he should tackled the problem, but without the help of social services the stress that he went through must be so great for him to try and commit suicide.

This is really sad yes. but wanting to commit suicide does not solve anything but rather cause more issues. I am glad the police and everyone was able to talk him out of suicide. I hope he will know better that he is not the only one having problems, and instead of thinking there is no way out, he should look for solutions. Where there is a will, there is definitely a way...

sad. i would jump if i lose my job too because he probably too old to get another job

this isnt going to be the only case. more ppl are going to lose their jobs becuz of this messed up economy

He's 57 years old and lost his job. What kind of economy is this? Why did he marry a woman whose age is twenty years his junior?

These problems are so common nowadays. There is no reason to suicide. He needs stronger willpower.

lost his job and wife is really a heavy blow at his age.