Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

An "Extremely good" teacher jumped down in school courtyard dressed in red

24 posts in this topic

Source:The Sun/MingPao(Image)

Translated by: R.E.D @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

_27GM005_.jpg

0427-00405-001b1.jpg

0427-00405-001b3.jpg

0427-00405-001b4.jpg

0427-00405-001b5.jpg

An "extreme good" teacher jumped down from the 4th floor at Kowloon Tong Jockey Club Government Secondary School yesterday. She was still conscious when the ambulance arrived but died in hospital afterwards. The tragedy was witnessed by 20 students. There was no suicidal note left by her.

The 37 year old good teacher was called Yung Yee Man. She graduated from the teacher training college in 1993. She is the form tutor for Form 1 students, mainly teaching Liberal Studies for Form 1 to Form 3 students. Ms Yung was also a girl guide activist. In 2003, she won the "Service Award" by the Hong Kong Girl Guides Association. She was described by her colleagues as an introvert.

According to source, she didn't look "her normal self" yesterday. At around 2:30pm, some students saw her walking on the 4th floor corridor looking pre-occupied. Suddenly, someone saw her climbing over the railing and jumped down. The students were screaming in shock. They called the other teachers, but when they arrived, Ms Yung was hardly alive. The police was called.

Ms Yung and her husband live in Tuen Mun Siu Hei Court. Recently, Ms suffered emotional problems. She has been taking her medication and keeping her follow up appointment at the hospital. Not many of colleagues were aware of her illness. She recently disclosed to her colleague that she is very unhappy. According to source, her husband lost his job a while ago and she has financial problems. There are lots of pressure from work too. She said to her colleague once "I am very unhappy with my life." Her colleague did try to support her, but was unable to save her.

Please click the “Thank you" button if you like my post

Edited by R.E.D

The pain in her must have grown so large that she could not bear any longer and she just did it. I think most people who took the path of suicide went through the same situation. Perhaps if they happen to have the right people beside them at the crucial moment to help, they would have been saved.

thats very sad. she probably had really serious issues in her life you cant blame someone for suiciding. its their own choice and if they want to do it then they should be allowed to without people judging!

come on, i can't stand it, as a teacher why she has that much pressure, as a employee, i understand if you are too care / worry about your job, the performance won't be any better than relax