Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

An "Extremely good" teacher jumped down in school courtyard dressed in red

24 posts in this topic

Source:The Sun/MingPao(Image)

Translated by: R.E.D @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

_27GM005_.jpg

0427-00405-001b1.jpg

0427-00405-001b3.jpg

0427-00405-001b4.jpg

0427-00405-001b5.jpg

An "extreme good" teacher jumped down from the 4th floor at Kowloon Tong Jockey Club Government Secondary School yesterday. She was still conscious when the ambulance arrived but died in hospital afterwards. The tragedy was witnessed by 20 students. There was no suicidal note left by her.

The 37 year old good teacher was called Yung Yee Man. She graduated from the teacher training college in 1993. She is the form tutor for Form 1 students, mainly teaching Liberal Studies for Form 1 to Form 3 students. Ms Yung was also a girl guide activist. In 2003, she won the "Service Award" by the Hong Kong Girl Guides Association. She was described by her colleagues as an introvert.

According to source, she didn't look "her normal self" yesterday. At around 2:30pm, some students saw her walking on the 4th floor corridor looking pre-occupied. Suddenly, someone saw her climbing over the railing and jumped down. The students were screaming in shock. They called the other teachers, but when they arrived, Ms Yung was hardly alive. The police was called.

Ms Yung and her husband live in Tuen Mun Siu Hei Court. Recently, Ms suffered emotional problems. She has been taking her medication and keeping her follow up appointment at the hospital. Not many of colleagues were aware of her illness. She recently disclosed to her colleague that she is very unhappy. According to source, her husband lost his job a while ago and she has financial problems. There are lots of pressure from work too. She said to her colleague once "I am very unhappy with my life." Her colleague did try to support her, but was unable to save her.

Please click the “Thank you" button if you like my post

Edited by R.E.D

This is so sad. Her colleague certainly did not try hard enough to support her. Her stress level must be incredibly high as her husband lost his job and they are in financial difficulties. RIP

Wow...This is a tragedy....and with the Red Dress I think this means its really really really bad b/c in Chinese culture to die with a red dress on mean that they will forever intensely haunt the people in the school. If I was her students I will make sure I do all my homework from now on. RIP

Killing yourself is never the solution to any problem. What a waste of life.

Wow.. So many tradegy now a days. they should seek for help insteand of ending their lives. That is not gonna solve the problem.

This is really sad. Hope she RIP. but suicide dont solve anything!!

sucks that she had to turn to suicide, was she still taking her medication then? =S

now the students probably have to go through some sort of counseling since they witnessed someone commit suicide...id be so traumatized

Life sucks... but it's your choice to make the best out of it i guess and being in a financing problem is one of the worst things..

she must be overed pressure and has no way to go..final solution is jump.sad

My condolences to the family. It takes a lot of courage to take one's own life...but it takes even more courage to slow down and face life head on. It is too bad she didn't seem to have received the support she needed and that the kids had to witness this... I bet she was extra stressed...teaching in HK is especially stressful. RIP.

Wow .. this is a tragedy indeed. Some people think that suicide is a coward act; not necessarily true depending on individual cases. In her case, it must have taken a lot of courage to come to that decision. I think her depression gotten to her and unfortunately, her family failed to catch on and lets things worsen.

Not everyone is good at dealing with stress; young people especially women are a lot more emotional and reactive so yeah .. things like this can happen. Life is tough but what to do .. that's nature.

Very sad indeed, taking your own life............

C'mon, she's not the only one with financial problems, there are plenty more out there.

its just so heartbreaking when good people die, may she RIP

This is sad story and with red dress suicide, this can be very haunting school in the making. May her soul rest well.

it is tragic lost of life. worst there are students witness the suicide.

woah she's wearing a red shirt =x but it definitely shows that people in China and also in Hong Kong fail to seek help especially MENTAL help! something should be done =( but yea hope that the students and teachers can cope with the consequences of this tragic event

This is sad story and with red dress suicide, this can be very haunting school in the making. May her soul rest well.

You are right, I think she had planned it all along, wearing a red top, she that she may haunt the school.

so sad to hear!

hope they do some counselling for the kids at the school, especially those who witnessed the jump

This is so sad that a great teacher had to resort to suicide. I would hate to be one of the 20 students to witness the jump.

Killing yourself is never the solution to any problem. What a waste of life.

You are right and I agree with you. I think she lost the will to live on. Even without the support of other people, did she ever believe in herself that she can face the problem head on and try her best to find a solution. I think it takes a lot of courage and to live and suffer everyday of your life but that's the meaning of life. Life has a lot of unexpected obstacles and challenges, you just cannot back down from any problem that you face. Lots of people struggle in life but they keep going at it. Even the little ants have the will to live, how can humans not be possible?

Edited by kenixkwok

that is just too sad how financial problems are always the first reason that leads to suicides