Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dot

Children in TV series

Children acting   6 members have voted

1. 1. Which ethnic children acts better in your opinion?

• Asian Children
    • American Children
    • All children acting seems the same to me
    • Hollywood Children

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 posts in this topic

Have anyone ever wondered why it seems so difficult to find good children actors/actresses on TVB series sets or Taiwan drama?

Did you ever notice that in Hollywood films or American TV series, children act sooooo well!! It seems so realistic, no matter if it's a ghostly role, lovey dovey role, or crying scenes etc.. they act super good.

Does anyone else agree with me? What do you think the reason is? Are they just naturally better actors or perhaps they have better background settings to make the children feel at ease when they act? Maybe the lighting make them less nervous?

I notice that the problem with a lot of Asian children actors/actresses in Asian Series, they tend to look outside of the acting set.. like they would look at the camera crew and such that are not part of the acting crew. What do you think?

:59:

Edited by Dot

i think the children in American series and movies are much better at acting...there are American TV shows that are solely run by children, like the main characters are kids

i highly doubt that the child actors from TVB can pull that off, crying scenes from TVB child actors are the worst, they just wail

i dont think it actually has anything to do with the race tho...

yeah children in American tv shows and movies are soooo much better at acting than the kids in tvb shows, probably cuz the population is so much bigger more chances of diversity in talents, but not all tvb kid actors are bad, i remember the little girl who played wong hei's daughter in burning flames was really good at acting , i think the little boy jacky is horrible at acting, but very cute lol

Yeah, I think Hong Kong lacks talented child actors because of the smaller population, but also because I think Chinese parents would rather have their kids study harder in school than pursuing a career in show biz.

Yeah, I think Hong Kong lacks talented child actors because of the smaller population, but also because I think Chinese parents would rather have their kids study harder in school than pursuing a career in show biz.

I don't agree, some of HK's children actors were very good, such as Fung BoBo years ago, recently in some TV series, I see one good boy actor, I don't know his name , he was in Ada Choi's on going series.

I love children as they do not put on an act. To put it simply, they do not wear mask like what adults normally do. Hence if you were to ask them to act out a crying scene, they tend to hold back which make their cries look very fake and artificial. It is never easy for a child to act especially in a crying scene whether she/he is an American or Asian. However there are indeed some children who can performed this act with relative ease but there are not many.

It's hard to find a good child actor who is also cute and adorable and welcoming to the audience! And they grow up too quickly!