Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

Firefighter died while on duty

27 posts in this topic

Source:On.cc/Wenweipo(image)

Translated by: R.E.D @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

hk0309a.jpg

ncbrka01_20100308140457_big.jpg

A fire started on the 5th floor of Lai Cheong factory building in Cheung Sha Wan at 8 am this morning. The blaze was so fierce that by 11am, it was classified as grade 4. Four firefighters were injured and were admitted to hospital. Two were said to be in serious condition and one had died. Kowloon fire chief Lee Hung Shum said the smoke was so intense, making it difficult for the firefighters to put out the fire. He went on to say they lost contact with the fireman who died in the fire at about 11am. They found him at 12:10, he was already unconscious. He was underneath some furniture when they found him. They managed to get him out of the building at 12:55pm and he was certified dead at 13:12pm at Princess Margaret Hiospital. The 47 year old dead fireman was named Yeung Chun Kit. He joined the fire service in 1984 and he was stationed at Lai Chi Kok fires station. The fire was put out at 14:24pm. The cause of fire is being investigated.

Please click the “Thank you" button if you like my post

Edited by R.E.D

that's sad... he's been a firefighter for soo long.... HK should be more careful with fire, everytime a firefighter dies...

The fire station is just a few minutes walk away from my home. I saw flowers and other things put in front of the station in memory of him the other day when I passed by. May he rest in peace. What a hero.

Oh no not again.....

Rest in peace man........ :(

firefighter should get same paid as policeman, they are very brave and their job is too dangerous

i agree. firefighters face as much danger as policemen. putting out each fire is a story to tell their grandchildren.

This is tragic news the firefighter was only 47 years old, less than my own father. I wish his family the best.