Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wilsongb10

Smoking Scenes in Born Rich

58 posts in this topic

I think the smoking scenes are pretty unnecessary even if it shows how rich they are. In episode 20 we find out that Topman and Marcus smoke cigars. Who agrees

It's very subjective when come to smoking scene. It all depend on which country is watching.

lol it was only for 1 epi...o wait no...the evil guy smoked a lot...

my dad tells me gallen smokes like crazy in real life

will yes and no la ppl do smoke for like stress and stuff but they way in the series is pretty bad

I think the smoking sccene is alright to show in the drama. Drama is a drama and it is fictional, audience love them because it can show us different corner of the society. Actors like Yatming, marcus, and tiger......they are just appearing one part of the society. And it is necessary to bring out a better story line. And, also it didnt show that people who smoke are cool, i dont think people will start smoking because of watching a tv drama with people smoking.

hope it gets better as we progress along.It's been quite interesting so far.

i guess its kinda related to show the differences between various stages of people

i don't find it unnecessary, its part of the reality that people smoke

lol....without it, how you gonna enjoy the movie and make you wanna be rich? well....they are just assuming all the rich life is like this or in fact it is. At least for us, we have a concept in mind

i agree.. smoking on screen to all class of audience is really irresponsible.. it may cause kids to follow their footstep...

The smoking scenes in born rich just make it okay and validates smoking in hong kong.

no smoking the better its not cool to smkoe anymore, maybe moe gym scenes

I don't know what is the big deal with smoking scenes in tvb series. I think no one can force anyone to smoke. That decision lies on the individual.

not necessary because a lot of little children and teenagers watch these series....no need to show it on tv to promote it

well smoking cigars has always been a sign of wealth in my opinion. cigarettes not so much but definitely the cigars, especially the expensive and well known ones like cubans