Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest hypernut

Charmaine Sheh Is Annoying In Beyond The Realm of Conscience

345 posts in this topic

is it just me or do you guys find charmaine sheh annoying in beyond the realm of conscience? her character has no character development at all and too good to be true ...

I hope she wins something this year, she has worked very hard and deserves it x :72:

hasn't she already won something before? i think trying hard doesn't equal to deserving an award. good performance does.

i think tavia should get an award between the 2 of them.

So agree!! Her niceness is so fake! Can't stand it when she keeps trying her best to be so good all the time

she is too 'good' to be true, i dont think she can be found in real life

i think charmaine's character will get better as tavia's gets more evil because they'll start having more fights. right now charmaine's character isnt that involved in all the drama.

i agree...her character is too goody-goody. i'm bored to death by her scenes.

ironic, charmaine is really a bf-stealing b**ch in real life.

for a change it is nice to see such good character which is not possible in real life ... it is just a drama... enjoy..

There will be always bad and good side la... she is very nice and fragile! I really like her although I do admit that she is a bit annoying but we do need those character in this drama!

I'm sorry. But I've never been a fan of Charmaine. Her acting isn't amazing. She's always the same sweet person. with the sweet smile. Which she is in real life. Which means that it's not really acting. She's merely playing herself in a different name and another different perspective. It's not much of a challenge. Whereas, Tavia is also a very sweet acting person in real life, but in this show she has to act SO bad. That it's actually a challenge, so we that we see more potential in her then Charmaine. Sure Charmaine has been in the industry for a while, but that doesn't allows mean she's good. She has a pretty face, but an exceptionally good actor. And who ever said she has no emotions is right. She doesn't, she merely cries but poses no emotions. When I cry my face actually looks.. MAD/ SAD. I'm sure when she actually cries in Real life. She would be able to cry with the full out emotion because she's feeling it. But actors are supposed to feel their character. Feel it, breath it, and live their characters. Which is why I think Charmaine's character / acting is really dull. Because she's not doing anything thats different from her regular characters.

Even in that show in 2004, where she was the evil person. She never did anything exceptionally bad. Also when she talked she talked in a nice kind way. Whereas, in this show, you can SEE Tavia screaming like she would be when she was mad in real life.

Not to mention, Tavia got a better character, but I don't think Charmaine could really pull off the same character, if she was the one to play Gam Ling.

i dun think tavie is good .... i most like is charmaine sheh... she is doing well so far tavie just ok onli... i hope tat charmaine can take most actor prsent for her ....

Actually I really like Charmaine's smile...so attractive n pretty...

I do like Tavia cause I think she can really play her role really well......

People keep saying there's no such person that would be so nice in the world.

How do you know there wasn't people like that in that era? Keep in mind the Beyond the Realm of Conscience is not our everyday life nowadays....

Many years before, things were way more simple than right now, where people are constantly thinking more than they need to etc etc. I personally think it's very possible that someone would want to keep out of all the chaos and drama back then and can truly be nice. Plus, if you've learned a concept from young, it's easy to follow it through anyway.

Anyhow, I don't think the character is ANNOYING. It's just people think she is not very interesting and there hasn't been anything "special" that happened with her yet. But annoying...no not really.

There might be, but from all the forum posts in this topic, we haven't met any that is so nice that it's unreal.

BTROC's era is not modern life, but it's not simpler than now. Nowadays, people can express all kinds of view and they (usually) won't suffer any consequences. Someone making fun of your appearance? Easy, get some money for plastic surgery if the physical features are not ideal, or buy fashionable clothes. Want fame? Sleep with a producer or through relationship with powerful friends. Want to buy something but have no money? Buy it on credit. Don't like your job? Change job or get another degree for a different type of job. People have it easy in the modern day compared to the old days. People in the old era, especially those in the palace, always worried about (their impending) death. One wrong move and it's decapitation time for you or your entire bloodline. Those people needs to constantly outsmart other in order 1. to protect themselves and their families; 2. to climb up the ladder for power, wealth, fame, safety, etc.; 3. to help other and expect that help to be reciprocated. It's possible that someone would want to stay out of trouble so they won't get caught in the never-ending death spiral. I would guaranteed it would not be because they're nice and want to do the right thing. It's to save their own skin. You can't really learn kindness in an environment where people's scheming every single second to get a leg up on your enemies. There's a reason why the show is 宮心計. Even if there's a character that's unbelievably nice and care more about other than oneself, he/she would have been long dead.

Anyway, I do agree the character is not annoying. A show doesn't need to be base on reality. While her character isn't really interesting at this point (and I don't expect to change much), it's an important part to the storyline imo.

her character can get quite annoying but her values are quite right except i think she needs some change in her, can't wait to see what happens in the next upcoming episodes

her character is too good to be true. bored of seeing charmaine in dramas because her acting never improved. always the same

just watched ep 21. *fainted*

does charmaine really have nothing else to do?!? fixing a bird's nest???

I totally agree with this Charmaine is just too much of a cry baby with her voice

I enjoy BTRC but I don't like Charmaine's character. It's such a poor take on replicating Dae Jang Geum's good nature. In my opinion, TVB have tried to make the character sooo good its so unrealistic!

charmaine is pretty in this series, actually i think her character brings out tavia's wickedness.

i guess it's just because Charmaine is way too nice in the series that it just makes it like not a character anymore

yeah, I totally agree, Charmaine is completely annoying in this series...I usually like her too, but this series I just want her to shut the hell up...she's just trying to hard to be "GOOD" that is why it seems way too fake. But the series is still really good...hehe I can't wait till the next ep. comes out...I'm now on chap 26...hehe

it is good that she finally realises that tavia is bad...

its kinda interesting (?) that everytime something goes wrong, charmaine immediately thinks tavia did it, and she would generally believe tavia is in the wrong in any situation (even if it is). where's the trust? or she's totally seen through tavia now?