Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest hypernut

Charmaine Sheh Is Annoying In Beyond The Realm of Conscience

345 posts in this topic

is it just me or do you guys find charmaine sheh annoying in beyond the realm of conscience? her character has no character development at all and too good to be true ...

People keep saying there's no such person that would be so nice in the world.

How do you know there wasn't people like that in that era? Keep in mind the Beyond the Realm of Conscience is not our everyday life nowadays....

Many years before, things were way more simple than right now, where people are constantly thinking more than they need to etc etc. I personally think it's very possible that someone would want to keep out of all the chaos and drama back then and can truly be nice. Plus, if you've learned a concept from young, it's easy to follow it through anyway.

Anyhow, I don't think the character is ANNOYING. It's just people think she is not very interesting and there hasn't been anything "special" that happened with her yet. But annoying...no not really.

anyways, about her role in Beyond... i really find her crying scenes annoying.. all she has is tears, no facial expression..... ESPECIALLY in episode 14 when she reunites with her father... that was a really bad expression she made... i wished it was more of a surprised/happy/omg expression...

OMG so I'm not the only one?!!! I'm not sure if its the editing done but I would have thought...to not have seen your father for 20 or so years, and you see him. She just smiled being happy to see him. I was embracing myself for the 'awww reunion!!!!' but it never happened. I would have thought it was like OMGOMGOMG shock...stunned...tears...then crying happily into her father's arms. Especially someone as innocent as Sam Ho's character.

I think Sam Ho is too 'textbook perfect'. But adding to that, she is also very 'lucky'. She did many things which normally means death but in each of her situation, she has a guardian angel to protect her. She never suffered any gruesome punishment as there are many people committed to save her character. Guess it sort of adds to the explanation of why Sam Ho continues as good and Gam Ling (who gets punished most of the time) turns 'evil'.

Well, her character in this series is too good to be true in reality, but then, this is a tvb drama, right? Everything is possible on tv. lolx!

i agree with that Tavia is better than Charmaine in this series...

and i think Tavia's character is so wretchedness. even she does good things, no one appreciates....

i dont think she is annoying at all. She is so sweet, just act according to this series. Have nothing to do with her .. she is my idol ! GAmbateh sheh sheh

OMG i cannot stress enough when i say Charmaines Role is so damn boring. Shes way too goody too shoe. I have to fast forward the scenes with her talking about being good and crap. But im sooooo glad that the series now is getting into the super juicy parts like Tav and Moses together and that Selena girl's character looks like she'll cause some major sh!t with Tav. Cant wait till episode 16 oon monday!

i don't like charmaine role at all, it too fake, on the other hand i like tavia role. She is a lot more real imo, I like it how she do anything to get what she want.

i am sure down the episodes we'll be seeing some "defence" from her vs tavia... so I don't think she'll be SO good ALL the time.

I agree. She's too "good" in this series. Getting really boring. I'm really looking forward in watching Tavia here. She has more character development in this series.

her acting is terrible for her character. she might have improved a little bit, but shes stll not a good actress. that makes her character even more annoying. her character is annoying, but the actress portraying it just made the character 10X more annoying. i dont like charmaine.

go tavia though, very impressive acting, but not much of her on screen... its such a waste of film, since i am also skipping all the charmaine parts....

ZZZZzZZZZ

even if in the context of the old days, it doesnt make sense for charmaine's character to be that 'good'. if she's in some wealthy family nicely protected, or living in some deep woods with minimal contact with the real world. ok, i'll believe it. but the amount of stuff she has been through and where she grew up in....no way.

but of coz, she is no ordinary maid in the palace. she's is more precious than anyone else in the palace. she can wonder around the palace alone at night, and its ok. she can leave her work and go help someone else, and its ok. she can talk back to her superiors, and that's ok too. basically, what ever she does is acceptable. but watever tavia does is wrong.

Actually with Charmaine's textbook perfect role still able to stir so many negative comments from netizens, this prove that her portrayal did work out after all. :D With Tavia's evil role getting so much attention, it's up to Charmaine's performance to keep on par with her in the drama. However the relationship with Kevin is typical dull, hopefully the plot will focus on the women's power more rather than love relationship among the two...

Oh ya, the things october quoted is indeed truly supernatural! Charmaine can see whoever she wanna meet in palace whereby other people don't get the chance to see...... Too fake to be true! :D

naaa, charmaine's role is to be good, opposite to tavia. i think the contrast in personalities are clever.

I concur with the utmost extent of the word. I always thought Charmaine was an annoying actress though....

yes! although i am a fan of hers i still think she's really annoying in this series. and there is absolutely no chemistry between her and kevin as compared to forensic heroes 2 =/

i dont think we can clame charmaine for it, its just her role that make her annoying. Sometimes it does look fake, because she's too nice..

WOW I thought I was the only one that thought that. Although I am rather biased against Charmaine, this character seems TOO good.

if your definition of being a good person is annoying..then the whole world will be filled with "bad" people..

charmaine sheh starring in beyond the realm of conscience is like Angel... too nice, not much attractive character but compare to she act You're Hired is really more wonderful character

not saying good is annoying, just TOO good. her tutor is a really nice person too, but more realistic. i find her 'nice' more real. she's jst as sacrificial (such a word?) as charmaine, but she still has real personality traits, like getting jealous, or wanting to win. charmaine never gets jealous of anything and never wants to win anything (is it bcoz she knows she'll get it anyway?).

and just to add, i find it annoying when everyone keep repeating the sentence, of being the 3 good. i get the point.

Yes I agree ... her character was kind of a bit unrealistic.