Broadcast network: MBC

Broadcast period: 2007-Jul-16 to 2007-Sept

Air time: Monday and Tuesday 21:55

Cast

Yoon Eun Hye as Go Eun Chan

Gong Yoo as Choi Han Kyul

Lee Sun Gyun as Choi Han Sung

Synopsis

This drama is based from a romantic comedy manga by writer Lee Sun Mi (이선미). The heroine, Go Eun Chae, disguises herself as a man in order to avoid an arranged marriage. She works in a coffee specialty shop and then falls in love with the hot-tempered president of the shop, Choi Han Kyul. Han Kyul thinks that Eun Chae is a man so he starts to think about his sexuality and Eun Chae is torned that she cannot reveal herself unless she wants to get herself married off.

++ Credits to wiki.d-addicts ++

Additional Pictures:

coffeeprince23.jpg

coffeeprince22.jpg

coffeeprince51.jpgcoffeeprince15.jpg

Edited by wendy

I am still watching this drama... and really love it very much. Love to see the actress... Yoon Eun Hye. Her role in this drama is just outstanding....

I like this story...not too draggy...love it so much especially when both of them fall in love as 'guys'...GongYoo's expression is so good and can't help to laugh over it again and again :D Overall a very sweet story...

Oh one down side...I don't really like EunHye's hairstyle though...too boyish and not very well groomed all time..hahaha...but guessed that's what her role should look like...lol

Edited by kcbear

She should dress like a girl more=) She's really pretty

This is a very cute drama...love the cast...definitely worth the watch

Ahhh !!! ~

I really like this series so much

it was making me falling in love with gong you

and yoon eun hae is really look smart with her boylish like ...

now I watch this series to ep 13

can't wait to watching in till the end >///<

the show sounds really interesting...and Yoon Eun Hye looks so different with the cropped hairstyle...

Yoon Eun Hye was really cute here but the 'tmboy' act gets boring after a while. So couldn't make myself to finish the series....

I just finished watching this a couple weeks ago and loved every minute of it all. :94: It was hilarious and it kept me on my toes waiting for the bomb to drop and explode. :60:

i like this drama! it's very funny and yoon eun hye can pull it off as a guy! but i don't really like the main guy in here he's doesnt match her.

definitely one of my top ten kdramas ever! didn't think i'd get used to eun hye as a boy but i can totally see her acting skills compared to her girly role in goong and gong yoo is such a hottie! but the one thing that really stood out to me was that i liked every one of the side characters they were all important i don't find that a lot in the dramas that i've seen-the princes, manager hong, the grandma....everyone! it was awesome! and you can find english subbed episodes of this on veoh or mysoju.com

I'm still attempting to get this finished, haha. Got up to episode... 10? 11? The earlier episodes up to around 6-7 were pretty fun and interesting, but once the leads started liking each other, everything completely fell to pieces and it was all angst-filled XD Eun Hye is good as a pretty boy though, really cute. If you kinda glance at the poster from a distance, she DOES look like a boy.

If they took out some of the episodes where they agonize over their feelings back and forth, it'd probably be less draggy though XD

i really want to watch this drama but it doesn't have any subtitles or anything... does anyone know if they'll come out with canto version or english subtitles

WITHS2 finished subbing this drama already; you can find all the softsubs on D-addicts forum 8) Their server might be down at the moment, so if you can't access the Coffee Prince softsubs from there, you'll have to wait until it's back up, or find other sites that hosted it. You shouldn't watch it from Veoh or Youtube though, people there are notorious for breaking fansubbers' rules by hardsubbing WITHS2's dramas even though they asked for them not to be uploaded to those sites. Support free fansubbing and help fansubbing continue by not watching people's uploads on Veoh.

Anyway, regarding originality... well, the most Korean dramas stick to a similar formula, so most of them would never be called unique. Coffee Prince is definitely not; it has the typical "love square" idea, girl pretending to be boy and vice versa, etc. Most Kdramas have love squares, or at least some sort of love polygon, haha.

i loved this drama. one of my fav korean dramas this year. they had good chemistry together. though eun hye dressed like a guy she still rocked this drama

best part is when the guys tells YEH that he will go all the way with her even tho he thinks YEH is a guy.. lol so funny

yoon eun hye is so pretty even when she is a boy really natural. gong yoo very handsome they both match really well :)

i'm currently watching this... its so cool... cant wait for the dvd to come out... this series is definitely going to my korean collection... :congrats:

im on ep 12... this drama is so cute... it has like the sweetest scene... realli hope they hav a happy endin lovin it so far...

just finished watching this series... and what can i say?! i love it from beginning to end!!!

yeh definitely find her part, this is the role fit for her! i love to see her warrior side come out again... :D i love gong yoo here too! he's simply oozing with hotness!

and i can never forget the princes in the coffee shop... they are the light of the show... they made my viewing pleasure doubly fun... can't help but love them all! :)

it has been qutie a while that i've stopped watching any k-drama until i get hold of this which catch hold of my interest...

i love the plot and all the cast in this drama. they're all great and watching this drama make me think that they dun seems to be acting but enjoying every bit of the shooting process..

great chemistry and love every part of it..

I like this drama because it's not as frustrating as all the other dramas that I've watched. As in the two main characters express their feelings more, and not hide it (which tends to lead to A LOT MORE drama).

By frustrated I mean In which there's always a big misunderstanding between the girl and guy, or the girl and guy love each other but they tell each other yet, which always leads to MORE drama. Kind of like My Girl. I thought My Girl was a very good drama but it can be frustrating at times.

I expected no less than an awesome love/comedy story with that kind of cast and writers.

I might have to put this up there with Goong , HYD and Sam Soon

Its one of the good dramas that I've watched, but definitely with a twist, given that the main girl is a tomboy. Wow, i give respect to Eun hye who had to cut her long hair for the drama, but she still looks really pretty with short hair. Eunhye & Gong Yoo definitely have on screen chemistry, I just love their sweet moments. But is funny how they switch roles, Eun chan is the guy and Han Kyul is the female of the relationship. But still a good drama to watch.