Broadcast network: MBC

Broadcast period: 2007-Jul-16 to 2007-Sept

Air time: Monday and Tuesday 21:55

Cast

Yoon Eun Hye as Go Eun Chan

Gong Yoo as Choi Han Kyul

Lee Sun Gyun as Choi Han Sung

Synopsis

This drama is based from a romantic comedy manga by writer Lee Sun Mi (이선미). The heroine, Go Eun Chae, disguises herself as a man in order to avoid an arranged marriage. She works in a coffee specialty shop and then falls in love with the hot-tempered president of the shop, Choi Han Kyul. Han Kyul thinks that Eun Chae is a man so he starts to think about his sexuality and Eun Chae is torned that she cannot reveal herself unless she wants to get herself married off.

++ Credits to wiki.d-addicts ++

Additional Pictures:

coffeeprince23.jpg

coffeeprince22.jpg

coffeeprince51.jpgcoffeeprince15.jpg

Edited by wendy

i love this drama too xD but the story started to get bored after he found out .-.

ha lin is so cute xD

Hi everyone!

i love this drama so far, am up to ep 9 and like how it tackles the issue ofhomosexuality, something that traditional korean dramas do not deal with. It's going into a new ground fearlessly. I also like YEH's acting skills, they're really shining through in this drama. I can't believe that she could carry a guy on her back in about ep1- do you guys think that was the work of the director to make us believe she did, or is she really that strong?

Don't understand why this show is so popular. don't like the storyline at all. There's no meat to it so far, just hiding the truth that she is a girl just doesn't make sense to me, no matter how much chemistry GY and YEH have together. goong is much better.

gosh. its hilarious.

:D GAY LOVE!

LOLS. jkjk~

^^ YEH is so cute + innocent. [rightt]

she can totally pull off the short hair.

Watching the 3rd ep now and it's the humour that keeps me hooked. YEH is good at acting.

I'm loving this drama. It's very refreshing. All the characters in the drama are very likeable. I'm surprised that they didn't make the second female lead very unlikable like they normally do. I really don't have a reason to dislike her. The supporting cast is wonderful, adding their own flavor and humor to the drama. It's not just about the HK/EC relationship.

Hi everyone!

i love this drama so far, am up to ep 9 and like how it tackles the issue ofhomosexuality, something that traditional korean dramas do not deal with. It's going into a new ground fearlessly. I also like YEH's acting skills, they're really shining through in this drama. I can't believe that she could carry a guy on her back in about ep1- do you guys think that was the work of the director to make us believe she did, or is she really that strong?

I agree. They handle the issue of homosexuality very well. They don't just push the topic away because it's uncomfortable. HK becomes accepting of the fact that he likes EC. As for the strength issue, YEH is very strong. I've seen clips of her carry Kang Ho Dong (a famous Korean comedian/ex-wrestler) who is much heavier than Gong Yoo. I love her acting as well :)

I sure hope the drama doesn't get draggy. I usually get bored of dramas after around epi 10. I'm hoping for a strong ending to match the strong beginning. I hope I dont get disappointed. It's GY's last drama before he joins the army...

I'm fall in love with this drama. haha. so far im watching episode 3. I'm quite suprised that she can carry GY! Improved acting from YEH. Well Done :D

I think this series, has a great begining but I haven't finish watching it, but at some part it's funny and some are quite sad, but the serie is going quite well so far. I can't wait to watch the part when the guy find out that she is a girl, not a guy. :D

I am currently watching this series, and it started out really funny. I am currently on chapter 11 without the English sub. This series is cool, can't wait to download the sub.

wowww yoon eun hye looks soo werid she actually looks like a guy lol.idk why

i have yet to start this series but it sounds very interesting.. here's a bit of news i read about an extension of this drama..

MBC's Monday-Tuesday drama Coffee Prince Store #1, which has been enjoying favorable response these days from viewers, has reached a final decision to extend the series by one episode and a broadcast special.

Apparently the PD, Lee Yoon Jung, resisted extension of the series three times. It has become commonplace for broadcast stations to jump to extend series that perform well to increase ad revenue, but there is a very legitimate fear that being quick to extend a series can ruin the careful momentum that has garnered the series its positive response in the first place. It's for this reason that PD Lee has repeatedly declined to extend the series, even by only one episode. However, she has ultimately agreed.

The article also goes on to heap copious (and well-deserved) praise on PD Lee, saying that even with the series' talented acting, writing, and production, without her superb directorial/filming skills, and her personal mark all over the series (down to the excellent music selections), the success of Coffee Prince would not have been possible.

Credit: Drama Beans

by reading the forum, it seems like its a must watch series..im a big fan of gong yoo..so its a must watch for me..hahaha...im wating for this series to be subbed in direct download..

After watching upto episode 10 with subs, I have to admit my heart is not fully there anymore. This surprises even me cos I usually start to watch a series till the end but I don't know, maybe I've been spoilt by reading all the spoilers/episode summaries before I watch them.

P.S, Anyone know where I can see/download NG's of this show or of other shows with english subs?

Sorry I just love NG's / out takes / bloopers whatever you want to call them, sometimes there even better than the actually drama or even movie.

i love this series!!! every tuesday and wednesday i wait for some1 to upload it and i watch it even tho i dont understand. i really dont want this series to end its soo good!!! i would recomend it 2 any1 whos interested in kdrama

I never really wanted to watch princess hour, but after watching this. LOL. I got to watch princess hour. Yeh is such a tremendous good actress..

I haven't started watching this series but the poster looks quite good.I hope it is good and entertaining.

This drama is really good. I never expected Yoon Eun Hye to do such a good job. I liked her in Goong but there was much acting in there for her. I really enjoy her character in this one more. I love how responsible she is and has to take care of her family.

The only thing that a little weird to me is that the main guys seems a little to old for her. It doesn't seem to match, but that's ok they have good chemistry so that's a plus.

just fnished watching epiosde 16... it was absolutely the best!!!! so sad that the drama is edning soon... but ITS SO GOOT!!!

I just finished episode 16. I think YEH and Goon Yoo acts more like an older brother and sister than a couple. I think she has more chemistry with Joo Ji Hoon in Goong than this drama. The storyline is good though.

Watching this drama right now. It's soo good! With those funny and sweet moments together! Love it. I would always scream when Han Kyul and Eun Chan (still known as a guy) kiss. Lol. I would always go .. "OMG! They're $%&". Haha. It's so cute. Waiting for the rest of the subs. Great drama!

This drama is superb! Definitely what I expected from both Yoon Eun Hye and Gong Yoo, they have such amazing chemistry! Very good show, I recommend it to anyone looking for something to watch.