Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest cici

Giant mooncake, national treasure wax figures with robots on display for the 60th anniversary of the New China

17 posts in this topic

Giant mooncake, national treasure wax figures with robots on display for the 60th anniversary of the New China

source: takungpao

translated by cici@Asianeu

To celebrate the sixtieth anniversary of founding the New China, a mall holds "The Sixtieth Anniversary of Founding the New China Wax Figures and Robot Exhibition" with display of 12 national historic figures and robots, including some life-size Mao Zedong (left), Deng Xiaoping ( right) wax figures

GW-25.jpg

gigantic three-dimensional mooncake "Temple of Heaven"

GW-22.jpg

To celebrate the sixtieth anniversary of founding the New China, "the sixtieth anniversary of founding the New China Wax Robot Exhibition" will display 12 national historic wax figures and robots, including life-size Mao Zedong and Deng Xiaoping wax figures, as well as the first "flesh and blood" Zhou Enlai robot in Kwun Tong's apm mall from September 24th to October 12th in 20 days consecutive in a row, at the same time showing more than a thousand pieces of artifacts used during the Red Army. The total value of artifacts is over 100 million Hong Kong dollars.

Also due to this year's national day happening close to Mid-Autumn Festival, a large-scale shopping mall in Tseung Kwan O invites 20 mooncake bakers to produce a giant set of "seven stars with the moon" lotus seed paste mooncake using nearly 300 kilograms materials producing it with more than one month period. This time-consuming mooncake has a two-meter diameter long piece of mooncake as the main component. Its design is a map of China and The map on which stands a symbol of the long history of the Great Wall of China, in addition to the cake surface pattern of the Temple of Heaven, the National Grand Theater, Tiananmen Square, Bird's Nest, Water Cube, the Central TV towers and the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center. The three-dimensional mooncakes has height up to 0.8 meters, with a total weight of 580 pounds.

Baker Fung, the sound designer of this mooncake says that they made a special brick furnace to bake the mooncake, and it takes nearly 3 hours to bake the main piece of the mooncake.

Wow, what a giant mooncake, who is going to share the cake I wonder? To celebrate the sixtieth anniversary of founding the New China, is it necessary for the Government to spend 100 million Hong Kong dollars?

Wow, what a giant mooncake, who is going to share the cake I wonder? To celebrate the sixtieth anniversary of founding the New China, is it necessary for the Government to spend 100 million Hong Kong dollars?

The event didn't cost 100 million, in fact, the mall was coordinating the event, the HK government didn't participate.

The artifacts from Red Army/Cultural Revolution period on display is worth 100 million though

Lol the 'Temple of Heaven' mooncake looks like a mini replica of the real... But is there a need to make such giant mooncake to celebrate the event? After national day & mooncake festival is over, who's gonna take care of the huge mooncake? I suppose the organiser will donate them to old folks homes but not to waste the food.

makes my stomach drooling now XD. time to go out and get some mooncakes haha

I went to have some moon cake after seeing this big A$$ moon cake.

i thought it was gonna be like ga ho yuit yoon's giant mooncake, that kinda ruins the idea of a mooncake...i guess its meaningful still

it is amazing that these baker can make such a great Temple of Heaven mooncake

WOW! If you don't tell me that is a mooncake, I won't realize it is a moon cake!!!

the mooncake is so well made and design!!

Wow, that's such great art. The wax figures are better than the ones they have at Maddam Tussaud's in NYC

wow such a big mooncake.. what a waste to cut it ... :P

Sorta reminds me of tvb's moonlight resonance, but the mooncake is a different shape.

Such a gian mooncake, but actually, can it really be ate?Or it will leave it after the mid autum festival???

woah that is one big mooncake haha I wonder how many egg yolks is in that hahha

Wow..giant mooncake...mmm.yummy. I ate want today...now I want to eat some more just thinking of the giant mooncake.

so preettty! and nicely done! and i didn't even think it was a mooncake when i first saw it. so good!!! clap clap xD

o god~~~this is huge~~~how many yolkSSSSS @@!!

i've never seen such a big mooncake...