Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest boo

Baptist Hospital points out that the baby girl's fracture is a complication of Caesarean Sections

4 posts in this topic

source: singtao.com

translator: boo (AEU)

In the Baptist Hospital not long after the birth of a newborn baby girl, it was discovered that there was a fracture in her right foot. Her parents suspect that the cause was due to the neglect of hospital staff, so they called for police assistance. The Baptist Hospital expressed that the problem was a complication related to Caesarean sections, and was not caused by human error; however, the hospital will provide follow-up treatment for the baby girl.

Raymond Chen Chung I, the Chief Executive Officer of the Baptist Hospital, described the incident as an accident, and that the problem was a complication related to Caesarean sections, and not caused by human error. He pointed out that according to medical information, out of ten thousand newborn babies, one point three (1.3) will be born with a fracture. In the past three years there have been 3 similar cases in the hospital , and it is an unavoidable but normal process of child birth.

Raymond Chen stressed that the hospital has felt disturbed by this incident, and have apologised to the parents of the baby girl. An orthopaedic expert has already made a support cast, which will keep the thigh in place, so that over a couple of weeks the broken bones will be able to heal and join together. The long term growth of the baby girl should not be affected.

the hospital seems to be taking responsibility, luck to the baby girl

I don't believe the fracture was due to the Caesarean section, it is the heavy handling of the surgeon during the operation that resulted the baby's fracture. I like to know the evidence that the spokesperson said 1.3 in 1000 baby will have a fracture as the result of the c.section.

awww that's sad. does that mean people who give birth should not give a c-section anymore? since it's dangerous?