Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

Today is 999: 131 new couples tied the knot today

11 posts in this topic

Source: Singtao.com/MingPao/Wenweipao(image)

Translated by: R.E.D @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

p.jpg

U154P4T8D1856979F107DT20090909091109.jpg

Today is the 9th of September, 2009, (999), meaning a long long time (今日長長) 131 newlyweds got married in the registry office today. In Cotton Tree Drive Marriage Registry, the first couple was registered at 9:30 am. They were originally planned to get married on 8th August 2008, but they decided to chose 9th September instead. The groom expressed that 999 means a long long time, and it is more meaningful. They started applying to register in June, they have to apply at 6 am in the morning. With the help from a few friends, they were successful in their application, and he is very thrilled to be able to get married on 9th September 2009.

Edited by R.E.D

congrat !

to all the married couple ~

we gonna wait another millenium for another single digit count ( 1st of January 3001 ) XD

Too many ppl still putting faith in numbers. For me it dont matter what the date is, as long as its ok with the couple then it shouldnt matter.

Remember last year, everyone thought that 2008 was gonna be a brill year, wot with the olympics, but look at the earthquake.

Its all relative ppl.

Haha this is very interesting but 999 indeed is a nice number, so what's the next auspicious date to look forward to? LOL~~ it's next year's 10/10/10. Number 10 means a decade, with 3 10s it's 3 decades. :D

That is pretty unique that 999 and alot of people are getting together. I guess it is a good thing that is happening.

I think its cute to see an old couple getting married and hope its true that their marriage will last a long time.

congrad to all the new couples. may their marriage last forever

Happy memories for all! There is plenty of happinese to go around. Good luck to all and congrats!

Ah, such a happy day. I didn't think many people would get married on 999.. since that would kinda be like the emergency phone number for hongkong. Can't wait until November 11th, 2011!

Best of luck to the 131 new couples that got married. They deserve a lifetime of happiness, good health and wealth.