Jay Chou

Anthony Wong

Kenny Bee

Chapman To

Anne Suzuki

Jodan Chan

Will Liu

Synopsis:

Infernal Affairs powerhouse Andrew Lau and Alan Mak bring the most popular manga in Japan screaming to life in this in this live-action look at the high-speed sport of "drifting" that shot straight to the top of the Hong Kong box office. Eighteen-year-old Takumi (Jay Chour) is never late for a tofu delivery, and though he speeds meals to their destinations with the velocity of a landlocked stealth plane, his true aspiration in life is to follow in the footsteps of his formerly fast-driving father (Anthony Wong) -- an ex-adrenaline junkie who eventually gave up the race track for the restaurant business. In his five years delivering meals from his father's restaurant Takumi has learned the streets of his hometown like the back of his hand, and he can take every corner with the needle planted firmly on the right. The trick to Takumi's amazing driving skills is a technique known as "drifting," and in a world where high-risk racing has spilled out of the tracks and onto the streets, this daring driver is about to become a legend.

Trailer:

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

+credits to wikipedia+

Edited by SiLvErBeAr

all i can say is it made me want to drive stick and get a old civic or something to mess with. yeah, the filming technique is definitely entertaining as well as the actors. when i first watched it, i was out the next day trying to drive pass everybody.

I just have see the trailer, and i'm not really like the fact that they wanna "copy" the american style movie ! I'm still thinking that chinese can have their own style about making movie ! and don't have the necessary to copy american !

I disagree with u LittleSurfer,

How does Initial D copy American style movies?

U dont get drifting and stuff in american movies, apart from Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift, which was made after Initial D, and was set in Japan, drifting comes from japan, and this movie is clearly based on the japanese cartoon story line (initial D books).

Liked the movie but not really the actors in it. I would say Jay Chou was a good cast as the lead but he didnt act well enough. And also his gf in d movie, wats with her?? Fair enough she doesnt speak cantonese, but the dubbing was terrible!! It's So obviuos that its dubbed over and not natural at all!

the driving scenes were good though. I think the storyline was a bit weak and not fully developed, one has to read the comic and know abit about the background story to fully appreciate this movie..

i also disagree wit littlesurfer..tokyo drift was clearly copyin initial d...i think it shud b d otha way around, america copyin asia:S

but neways dis show was pretti sweet wit all d racin scenes...made me want 2 do it 2 :P

This was an AWESOME movie. I started looking at buying the manga after seeing the movie. There's even a arcade game that's based on Initial D here in Toronto - Playdium. It's not a great game..but it's related to InitiAL D :P

I agree with Rachel. the only good cast here is Jay chou. Loved the post he does with he head resting on his hand when he drives. Such an awesome posture from jay.

this movie is good as it star all the famous artist like jay chou , edison chen , jordan chan....etc it base on the popular japanese manga .....................pretty good to challeng the western version of fast and furious

Personally, I don't think this movie was that good at all. I am an Initial D fan since I don't know when... I've loved this anime and games. I have to say, Jay was almost perfect for this role because of his style, quiet and acting cool all the time, that's basically takumi. But Edison Chen? Nope. He wasn't fit to be the brother of the team at all, he just wasn't.

The older brother (forgot name ryo something?) was supposed to be a mature, intelligent man, Edison just wasn't fit to be that role. No matter how hard he tries, he just wasn't good enough for that role if you've read the manga enough to know what kind of person he is. He's more suitable to be the younger brother instead.

Jordan and Anthony definitely put up some great acting though in this series, especially Anthony. He definitely has shown what his father is supposed to be like, and Jordan just got a great 'face' to be a racer :)

my 2 cents :)

well, in my opinion i quite liked this movie. even though i couldn't sometimes understand jay but he did do a good job of speaking cantonese. the only things i didn't like was the girl in the movie. they should of just got a actress that was chinese instead of a japanese person. i also didn't like the clothes that some of the street racers wore.

Love the way how Jay Chou speaks Cantonese... so cute. I watched Toyko Drift... and although they both had somewhat the same story line, they are both good movies. Esp. when you love cars!

This is a good movie on drifting. I liked how they filmed the drifting and all dat. The only part that I didn't like about it is probably jay chou being the main character.. his acting isn't good enough to be the main character

one word is enough... its GORGEOUS!!!!! i dont watch the anime because its too long... i prefer movie... this is really nice.. jay is cool.. as well as edison and shawn yue.... love 'em....

it was such a boooring movie, near half way i was starting to wish one of the characters to die (i know now part of the real story) but it was that boring

I had such high expectations for this movie, but unfortunately they were not met. The trailer made the movie look far better. Overall, a boring movie that will put you to sleep.

better in terms of decals and visuals? i think this movie has the taste of the original manga, they way they show cars drift is better than fast and furious, although i would want to see some skylines

i don't like this movie becuase the plot was so confusing to understand and jay can't speak contonese, and his contonese was so horrible, i can't understand one word he was saying?i don't recommand this movie to anyone becuase it's so boring,

mehh.. this movie was okay... i hated when jay chou dubbed in cantonese though.. it was really really annoying!!! and the girl HECKA bugged me.. idont know why. but it did...

There really wasn't much going on in this movie. The drifting was cool but that's it. There was no substance. I guess a lot of fans of the anime and comic would like it though.

this movie looks cool, but i dont understand Mandrin *sob* (anyone wana teach me?)

well i heard Jolin Tsai make an Initial D Like movie but with chicks. Wouldnt that be hot :blush:

(Is there a copy of Initial D in cantonese?)

this movie was ok i didnt think it was long enough and setted a good endiing i think thier would be a number 2 thats why the ending wasnt so complete.