Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
silverbear

[TVB] On The Road II - 向世界出發 II [2007]

71 posts in this topic

Ontheroad.jpg

On The Road (向世界出發) is a TVB's travel programme. The first season started from 4 April debuting on Jade TV. It is narrated by 韋家晴 (陳志雲). In this programe, the artists travel to various parts of the world, most of them the poorer countries, giving an insight into the lives and culture of the locals. On The Road is very different from the other travel programmes you see on television which are usually about play and food. Due to the popularity of the 1st season, TVB had made a second season which debuted on 3 March 2007.

1st Season

Law Ka Ying - Tibet

Kathy Chow & Carrie Lam - Thailand (北部)

Law Lan - Vatican City

Karena Lam - China (吳橋)

Ha Yu - Dubai

Michelle Yim - India

Myolie Wu - Italy

Ekin Cheng - Thailand (普吉)

2nd Season

Nicholas Tse - Cambodia

Eric Tsang - Brunei

Ada Choi - Israel

Gigi Leung - China (雲南)

廖偉雄 - Mauritius

Liza Wang - Japan (京都)

Sammul Chan - China (黃土高原)

Started to see this programme not long ago and i do enjoy watching it...i like the israel one as i think most travel programmes would not travel to these holy/worship places...currently watching Gigi traveling to China (雲南) and i was really surprised to know that locals have such "interesting" culture of not having marriage and can date for the rest of your life.

The artists will also share their own life experiences...quite interesting

Do watch if you can spare the time!

+credits to wikipedia+

Edited by SiLvErBeAr

I saw the Brunei already and that one is so good... Not so interested in other ones, but I really can't wait to see Mauritius and China... lol.

Ada's episode was really good. Recommend to watch it. The series is good so far... No complain.

I am tempted to watch this..people says its very good because singers are on this show, and famous hk actors etc.

i recommend Liza's episode. she managed to introduce the japanese culture pretty well. only complaint is TVB's bad editing. i heard the same comment 3 times in 20+ minutes. once at the very beginning, once before the ads and once right before they actually show it. god. that's just too much.

i recommend Liza's episode. she managed to introduce the japanese culture pretty well. only complaint is TVB's bad editing. i heard the same comment 3 times in 20+ minutes. once at the very beginning, once before the ads and once right before they actually show it. god. that's just too much.

i haven't seen liza's episode, but i really enjoyed ada's show in israel. it was great to see how she shared her faith.

this is the only series that my parents don't oppose to me watching. haha.

they think it's educational, i guess i have to agree. i did learn a lot.

i'm still at awe at the palace at brunei. O___O

i think this show is fairly good, realy ppl with true feelings that actually reach out to ppl

I saw the whole entire 1st part of this show (about 15 episodes). It is very interesting because this travel show give a view about differents cultures, life aspects of 5 differents countries. It is not only a travel show but it is a documentary also.

Hope the second part will be good as the 1st part!

i didn't think that this would be such a good show..

it gave me a lot of insight on life...

a lot to think about.

it really inspired me

ada's was really good. Liza's was really good too. Ada's Israel was touching and emotion. Liza's was full of culture and her ending was so emotional too...the speech she made about her parents!so touching!

from the first season, i really liked Michelle Yim's India trip and Myolie's Italy trip. These were good to watch!

this show is rather educational.should watch it if u get the chance

i really enjoyed the one gigi was in.....talked about women...and different social status in that place

wow..this is another fantastic show..with different actors as the host of the show .. let us travel around the world..its wonderful,.

This shows talks about different culture and show us different people life style. I think this is a very good education show.

its such a good show, v informative , touching (altho i doubt the realness) and also quite entertaining

This is a very good show... Its currently broadcasting the start of the 2nd season at my bit.... Very interesting to watch.

Btw..... Who is carrie lam? + Karena Lam?

I really love the theme tune to this program!!! Makes me think of the theme tune to jOurney to the west series... Perhaps its the same theme tune..

I think this is a very meaningful show...It's a mixture of a travel show and "Be My Guest"..We get to learn about the different cultures and see how we can relate to them...We also get to hear the inner thoughts of famous actors/actresses...In this show, I feel like the stars are not putting on a show for us...they are expressing their true feelings :)

It is really a good and meaningful show,

but I like the first espiode more

i think this show is very interesting, it shows you not only what's good in a country, where to go, but also it's history and it's culture.

I wonder if there is a third season coming

I think so too. I really like it indeed. This show shows other cultures and teaches us about them. Good, because I think that Chinese people are too narrow-minded otherwise, they need to learn.