Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tvbwhy

TVB Series lack originality

312 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Been a fan of tvb series since I was a kid growing up. However, is it me or do you guys feel that TVB is lacking originality in their series. The story lines are getting bland and lack creativity. Instead of offering new series, they come up with sequels to series.

I have started to watch Korean series which I feel are refreshing and offer unique story lines.

It's true everything is predictable however i still love them!

Nowadays most of the TVB series are predictable..... use back same old story but with a little twist here and there.....

i agree but disagree. theres been too many series through out the years, its difficult.

tvb lack originality. not only that, they lack the capacity to hold on to there most valuable assets; the actors and actresses. if they are willing to think outside of the box more, there shouldn't be a reason why, they can't prosper.

They tend to follow similar storylines...not that they aren't interesting though. The actors do a great job of portraying their roles!

it is the same stories over and over with different casts.

very predictable also.

it gets abit boring cos they always use the same people with similar roles. Also use the similar names in eaxh series.

I think lately they have improved a lot to attract more audience and I am looking forward for even more improvement

We did notice there is a difference when most of the scriptwriter and actor/ actress left TVB. Now, I am seeing a slight improvement to the serial

it is hard to compare. i hav no issues with similar plot as long as the narration is different. hollywood does this all the time as well

agree al tab series now are just same story line, the writers need to think of something new

Yeah, they usually are not very exciting and quite predictable.

TVB shows bores me now. Now I just pick and choose shows that are decent to watch.

I guess there are only so many topic to make series on, I mean china's production are like remakes every few years. But the issue with TVB is lacking actors and actresses as well.

yes youre correct, this is also a continuous problem of TVB. as a super fan of tvb i have to admit that they are really lack of originality in recent years . hope they will change otherwise they cant face HKTV etc

I feel the same... thats why I switched over to watching korean drama, the stories are just way better now that I'm used to reading subtitles. TVB is just not the same anymore

it's been a while since another decent line of tvb series has showed up?

I really want to watch Mr Ha and Nina Paw both together, and see how will be excite, The " Beyond the Rainbow ", and hope Leila Tong be popular with Felix Wong.