Casts:

Li Ya Peng

Wallace Huo

Gao Yuan Yuan

Michelle Yip

Roger Kwok

Chen Yi Rong

Synopsis:

The story is set in the middle of ancient China’s Ming Dynasty: Four martial art experts, led by emperor’s uncle, formed an imperial secret service, called them self “The Dragon’s Protectors."

Immediately after they have foiled the assasination attempt of the emperor, a complex and devious conspiracy of treason, which involved a Japanese Samurai gang, was also unveiled. Just as the team head into the clues and investigate deeper into the web, they soon discover a small connection linking them back to their own organization. As in result, each prominent member of the Protectors team must to use their skill, wisdom and expertise, to solve the mystery that threatens the very existence of the “Dragon’s Protectors."

Chinese Synopsis:

明朝中葉,皇叔鐵膽神侯﹝劉松仁飾﹞受先皇之命,創立「護龍山莊」,持「丹書鐵券」,「尚方寶劍」,權力淩 駕所有朝廷機構。他手下有四大密探:天、地、玄、黃。

「天字第一號」段天涯﹝李亞鵬飾﹞,冷靜沉著,自小給鐵膽神侯收養,在東瀛跟隨「伊賀派」學得忍術及「 幻劍」,武功深不可測。「地字第一號」歸海一刀 ﹝霍建華飾﹞,高傲寡言,眉宇間帶點憂鬱,殺人從不用使第二刀。「玄字第一號」名為上官海棠﹝葉璿飾﹞,艷 如桃李,機智過人,醫卜星相,無不通曉,平日卻作男裝打扮。「黃字第一號」成是非﹝郭晉安飾﹞,本是個市井 小人物,詼諧滑稽,不學無術卻機智玲瓏,及後更成為大內密探。

護龍山莊大內密探最大的敵人就是當時大太監曹正淳﹝李建義飾﹞,他自恃掌管東廠,權傾朝野,結黨營私, 勾結貪官,無惡不作。他與神侯誓不兩立,時刻找機會剷除護龍山莊。神侯則矢志要「清君側」,將他伏法以保社 稷.

+credits to wikipedia+

This drama was ok not that pretty good I tought ^^ I watch this drama cause Michelle Yip was acting in there =P But I don't like that Michelle died at the end =(

i think this serial was okay. they focused a lot on li ya peng, and i didn't find him attractive at all. i didn't understand how so many women could fall for him. roger and his girl were funny though. a bit annoying at times but overall funny. wallace and michelle were kind of interesting. if they didn't spend so much of the series with michelle being in love with li ya peng, i would believe her love with wallace more.

i think this series was pretty good because it has a very interesting plot. in the beginning it is kind of boring, but then it started gettin more and more interesting.. i love michelle in here and she was sooo pretty when she dressed as a girl (finally)!! but the ending was not as good as i thought it would be....

i agree with everyone on the ending as it wasn't that good but i like how Michelle if finally dressed as a girl and how everyone already that knows that without her dressing up as a girl

this series was ok! there was some parts that were kind of boring! at the beginning it was boring but as it got further down the story then it started getting really interesting. Roger and the princess were funny in this series! finally michelle dresses up as a girl she looks better that way. i thought Dicky was going to be a main cast but actually he was just a cameo. Wallace and Michelle, i thought they suited as a couple, too bad at what happens in the end!

alrite.i finally get to watch the Cantonese version and understand what's going on...I had to watch the china version and didn't know a lick of what they were saying.My mom rented me the Viet version but I couldn't understand all of it.i'm happy to watch it in cantonese =)

This series was so good. Its my favorite chinese ancient series. Wallace and Michelle had the best chemsitry online that i've seen but too bad they didnt have as much screen time together as they should

this series is pretty good ....but it suks that some people died

This is series is OK but i didn't like the part when the princess and main character first met it's kinda the same as The duke Of Mountain.

one of the best showz i've ever watch disappointing that dicky cheung didn't really play a big role

one of the best series i've ever seen great special effect too

i found that the beginning was the best and it when down hill from they i were didn't like Roger Kwok's parts at all i they they should have used someone else like dicky he could have been perfect i mean he is funnier then Roger and he acts better in these types of rle too

this is one of the best serie i had ever watched but so sad michelle died in here and wallence was so sad and I feel so sorry for Wallence. Too bad dicky only had a small role in here so sad.

Chen Yi Rong and Gao Yuan Yuan were both really good in this series! Pity that GYY had to playan evil role.

Great series. The story line is very intensed. Ppl in this movie showed a great effort to put their act together to make this so REAL.

World's Finest - 天下第一one of the worst action series to me, story boring and not much action.

I love love love this series. This is my favorite ancient series. The plot was wonderful, I loved the whole cast. Michelle was wonderful. This series made me a mega WM fan. :D I thought her death was not very necessary although it created a very memorable scene.

this was again a good martial serie , i love it very much , michelle ye great acting :D

I liked this series very much. The twist in the plot was very intriging. Still cant get over the fact that michelle's character died. That was sad. I have not seen Gao yuan yuan play an evil role before. Tammy chen was very cute in here. She and roger kwok were hilarious together. Wallace Huo was good in here too. Just fabulous.. excellent cast, martial art and music.

After the first 2 episode, I gave up.

I recall reviews for this serie were good, if not great!

I decided to give another go. Watch and listen carefully.

I'm glad I did.

It's s-l-o-w to begin with. And re-cycling those clips endlessly.

But it is indeed worth it.

As the plot unfolds, it gets interesting...

Dicky's name shouldnt have been stressed there... he's just a guest actor.

I was waiting all these time for him to show up. And, when he did, I was like, "huh, that's it?!!".

This is also a time when I wanted some of the characters to stay together, badly.

A good story worth your time. Just don't think too much, otherwise, it's spoilt.