Followers 0
Guest cici

Driver avoids bird, hit 70 years old woman

11 posts in this topic

Driver avoids bird, hit 70 years old woman

source: takungpao

translated by cici@AsianEU

gw-83.jpg

Yesterday when a man driving a private car to Choi Hung Road in Wong Tai Sin, he turns his wheel because of a bird on the road, thus knocked down an old woman crossing the road. The driver stopped and called the police, but the old woman's head and hands are injured, needed to be taken to hospital for treatment.

Injured woman Chan × Ho (70 years old), have abrasions to head and hands and feet, she is now stable after taken to the hospital. Accident occurs on Tai Shing Street in Wong Tai Sin, close to Kei Tak primary School. Yesterday afternoon, a driver by last name Yau (21 years old) driving his private car along Rainbow Road, turns left to Tai Shing Street, reporting that due to birds flying across the windshield, he turns the wheel to avoid it when Chan has just stepped off the road to cross. Therefre, his car hits her causing her to fall on the ground. Luckily, the driver quickly hits the brake and speed is not high, so the woman only suffers minor injuries. The ambulance crew arrives at the scene dressing the old lady and takes her to the hospital, and the driver has passed the alcohol breath test.

the driver should have his head examined and probably his whole body too

poor grandma... the driver needs to think faster... sure you avoided a bird.. but then you hit an old lady!! i would rather hit the bird then the old lady... but freak accidents like this happen... it's just a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time... hope the injuries will not hamper her daily life at the age of 70...

I hope the woman is ok. i think that the driver was in a difficult situation. he probably didn't have enough time to notice the woman because he had to avoid the birds.

Hitting a old lady just to avoid hitting the bird. this is unfortunate. Hope the old lady is doing okay.

I hope the old lady is okay. At least the driver didn't hit and run.

I hope the woman is alright, I'm happy that the driver didn't hit and run or that will be really bad.

From my driving experience...i would just stop and let the bird fly...!

Sounds like an accident. We see it all the time in dramas, drivers spinning the wheel to avoid hitting birds. It was probably natural instinct and he didn't see the old lady stepping off the sidewalk. Don't be too hard on him. lol And I can see there are still people who only respond to the titles of the news articles instead of reading the whole article to learn what really happens.

Hope the 70 year old woman gets better. The driver should have stopped his car and take it to an auto mechanic to have it checked out.

The place where I live is very different from Hong Kong. If they see animal(s) on the road, they either slow down or use the car's horn to scare it off the street. At night time, if they do not see animal(s) on the street, they just ran over and kill it/them. I can literally see dead animal(s) on the road everyday.