11 posts in this topic

420px-Super_Girl_Li_Yuchun.jpg

English Name: Li Yu Chun

Chinese Name: 李宇春

Birthplace: Chengdu, Sichuan, China

Birthdate: 10 March 1984

Horoscope: Pieces

Trivia:

Born into a middle-class family in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, Li Yuchun was not encouraged to pursue a career in entertainment. Her father, a railway police officer, and her mother, a retired housewife, wanted her to be a doctor. At the age of 18, just before the national university entrance exam, she told her parents that she wanted to get into a music conservatory. Although shocked by her ambition, her parents found a music tutor for her. They thought she would give up because her chance of getting in was very small. To their surprise, after one month of intensive training she passed the artistic exam. Ecstatic with the admission offer, Li carried out her first live concert, "The Last Battle", which was performed in front of her high school before the graduation ceremony. After graduation, she went to study at Sichuan Music Conservatory.

While still a 21-year old student at the Conservatory, Li participated in the Super Girl singing contest (similar to the Idol series of contests around the world) in 2005. She won the qualifying competition in Chengdu, then went on to win the nation-wide contest, beating out Zhou Bichang and Zhang Liangying. This competition drew the largest audiences in Chinese TV history. Her win came as a surprise to many people because she didn't fit the stereotype of female singers.

Discography:

Albums

2006 The Queen and the Dreams (皇后与梦想)

Singles

2005 Sweetheart, I Love You (甜蜜的, 我爱你)

2005 Happy Winter (冬天快乐)

2006 Give Me Five

+credits to wikipedia+

Suprisingly I actually dont like her voice or the songs she sings..but everyone else likes her

Lol, I agree with you on that XD ahaha. Many people only like her cause she's "shuai" and broke gender differences... ^_^ but I think her voice is really interesting and unique though so it kinda only suits certain types of songs, yep. Zhou Bi Chang is a much better singer than her... but yeahh...

Hmm, I really like her new album though, it's good =]

I like her voice I think it sounds really good. :75:

i actually like her....

even though shes not the girl type

it took me a good 4 months to realise she was a she. with a name like chris, you're not helping!

I really like her, she have a good voice and sings well. It's nice to see girls who can dance and sings ^^

I really do think that she has amazing stage presence!

shes horrible... and that look doesnt make it any better

i like her newest hairstyle...

charming.... she put lots of effort into her singing industry....

she improved a lots...

the song below is one of the famous songs of hers...

Edited by adeline_miao

agree she is a so bad singer, her voice tells me nothing than a ... regular voice