Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest cici

Starlet of risque film hanged self to death

9 posts in this topic

Starlet of risque film hanged self to death

source: takungpao

translated by cici@AsianEU

Crystal Suen ran for Miss Asia in 1999 but withdrew due to a racy magazine cover

gw-55.jpg

Crystal Suen Ah-lei, once run in Miss Asia pageant was found dead yesterday afternoon in a Wan Chai hotel of hanging herself to death, and the incident possibly involved money, to which the police determined death was not suspicious after an investigation

Suen Ah-Lei's English name was Crystal, now 35 years old. In 1999, she entered Miss Asia at 26 years old as an "old age" Miss Asia candidate claiming that her major was computer at a college. In the race, she took racy photos for a magazine and was forced to withdraw from the pageant. She Three years before pageantry, she already entered the entertainment business, participating in movie "Almost a Love Story". Over the past eleven years, she had been involved in 15 films, but popularity was flat, and had been filming risqué roles and movies, including Emmanuelle in Hong Kong (2002), Sexy Angels (2006), etc.. She also once starred in a movie illustrating the life of another risque star Pauline Chen "Pauline's Life" (2002), unfortunately she embarked on the road to suicide as well. Sources said during filming of "Pauline's Life", Crystal Suen was spooked, saying "We prayed deity before opening of film, but her (pauline) images still surface in my head constantly, that I must turn on the light and tv volume must be on before I dare to sleep."

Recently, Suen moved into a hotel on Morrison Hill Road in Wan Chai. Until yesterday afternoon about two o'clock, the staff found she had yet to check-out, and no one answered the door when knocking that they used a spare key to open the door, after which they found a white paper posted outside the bathroom with words written on it, "I killed myself, my death has nothing to do with others". Bathroom was locked and staff could not open the door. The frightened staff then called higher authorities to call the police.

Firefighters broke open the bathroom door and found Crystal Suen hanging on a rope. After they took her down, they confirmed she was dead. Police officers seized a suicide note, which did not disclose the reasons for suicide, but police believed her death was not suspicious and police classified case as a suicide.

Another suicide news, I guess she did not seek for help and decided to end her own life. Money problems are among a lot of people that are in trouble these days.

A starlet that didn't have fame, yet fame comes for her after her death...sad

Money is everythign to some ppl which ppl decide suiciding is the best way to not care about it.

At first, she made every attempt to earn fame ... but that failed. Later in life, money was her issue. Clearly, she had psychological problems but did not try to seek help from the professionals.

rip so sad. why are people hanging themselves.. so sad. i hope ppl stop doing this kind of things

she should seek help early or maybe nobody wants to loistento her problems

I think she didnt realise she was better than most people who are living today, i would want to act! However, i know why ppl have suicidal thoughts as their 'goals' has not been reached

suicide again a way to solve problem.i guess think is something very stupid to do