Guest cici

17 years old youth was bashed on head by gang

19 posts in this topic

17 years old youth was bashed on head by gang

source: takungpao

translated by cici@AsianEU

Injured semi-conscious due to head bashing

gw-51.jpg

Lawless rampage of teenage gangs in Kwai Chung who ambushed a 17 years old youth yesterday midnight, in which the youth was hit on the head by water pipes and bricks. The victim fled into a convenience store in a shopping mall to avoid gangs afterward, but the gang pursued and surrounded the victim beating him, to which the victim was bashed on the head by glass bottles and fell to the ground unconscious. After the gang got what they wanted, they fled in different directions and no arrest had been made temporarily.

Injured youth's surname was Lo (17 years old). Blood covered his face, appearing to be in serious condition when he was sent to hospital. After he regained conscious, he reported to the police that he did not know the reasons for the attack. The police will investigate the background of his life, and did not rule out the incident involving revenge. The dozen assailants involved in the case aged about 15 to 20 years old. The convenience store involved in the case also fell victim to this unexpected calamity, to which all items on shelves were swiped down, all goods broken and scattered all over on the floor.

On yesterday late night at 4:14am, the 17 years old youth walking home alone, when passing outside a construction site, a dozen gang armed with water pipes and bricks suddenly lunged at him. Loud roaring frightened the youth so the youth ran. The youth ran about 100 meters to a housing estate mall, in panic ran into a convenience store, thinking he could escape this gang when there were other people around. Yet, the gang was not daunted, swiping down shelves so that the youth could not escape, following with the use of water pipes and bricks lunging at the youth hitting and bashing the youth like mad. Some gangs even taking glass bottles from the shelves bashed on the youth's head like mad, and the battered youth immediately had blood covering his whole head. The youth was so beaten up that fell to the ground semi-conscious. At this time, the gang finally fled.

Convenience store staff could not stop the gang so he called the police. A large number of police constable arrived and sent the injured youth to hospital for treatment, at the same time searched for the assailants in the vicinity, but the police did not find any. On the other hand, convenience store was a messy, with broken glass and display of goods scattered all over the floor. Bricks were left on the group, which was believed to be involved in the incident as weapons, so police officers had seized them as exhibits and were looking for the whereabouts of the culprits.

Some senior social workers said the gravity of gang problem in Kwai Chung has become "a community bomb". In many housing estates, a group of youths would stayed up in the middle of the night stirring up trouble, and they relied on group size to bully and can be violent at any time.

It's unfortunate that Kwai Chung seems to be having such trouble with the gangs. I wonder why there aren't more security at housing estate malls or even more of a police presence in the area

well,i guess is not a good thing but hope he recover soon

sound liek it was a planned attack, either they got the wrong person, or they had something against him

oh my god. here it goes again with all theses gang stuff. so young and doing all theses stuff already smh

Nowadays young people doesn't realize that they waste their precious life in joining gang and doing criminal acts. Why don't they wake up from their dream and start doing something constructive for the society they are living in?

Edited by kenixkwok

those gang members watch too many movies, wait til they get beat up, they'll get a wake up call

this is not acceptable that they have this incdient. I think the should take a look at whats going on and see what actions to develops to rid this situation

wow, this is really bad! He's so young too :( It's really quite scary to met those people

doesn't the convenience store have cameras? Police can check that...

Sounds scary to be out late alone in HK...

Well, I wouldn't be walking around at 4:14 in the morning. If I had a job or something that I have to get up that early, I'm staying in well lit areas, and looking around when i'm walking...

Nowadays youngster see a lot of movies involving gangsters and they tend to think fighting and beating up other people can solved problems. This is all very wrong. They need to be advised and counsel that problems can be solved by other ways.

Gangs are a bunch of cowards that need each others to watch their back, they have no individual thinking. Get a life.

Like a pack of wild dogs. Take them one on one, the run like a b#$ch.

those gang members watch too many movies,Sounds scary to be out late alone in HK...

i feel bad for that 17 year person getting bang on the head it is so bad to know that this has happened like why do you gang people do this for??

The attackers must have some serious mental illness problems and if the police cought them I hope they would send them to Chang San.

lol theres still active gangs in HK. I thought there hasn't been since young and dangerous ? < get it ? lol. Hope he recovers soon.

that sucks. hope the attackers get caught. kids these days are so violent