Won Bin - 元彬

34 posts in this topic

Wonbintn8.jpg

English Name: Won Bin

Chinese Name: 元彬

Korean Name: 원빈

Original Name: Kim Jeong-Jin (朴廷鎭)

Birthplace: South Korea

Birthdate: September 29, 1977 (Lunar date); November 10 (Western calendar)

Horoscope: Libra

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 138lbs.

Blood Group: O

Education: Yeo-Ryang Elementary School, Yeo-Ryang Middle School,

Chun-Cheon Mechanical Engineering High School, Baek-Je Art College, Yong-In University

Religion: Christian

Filmography:

2005: My Brother... (우리형)

2004: Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War (태극기 휘날리며)

2001: Guns & Talks (킬러들의 수다)

Series:

2002: Friends

2000: Autumn Fairy Tale (가을동화) / Autumn in My Heart

2000: Kkokji

2000: Small Station

1999: Kwangki (Ad Maniac)

1998: Ready, Go

1997: Our Story

1997: Propose

Awards:

2004: Best Newcomer award (Golden Filming Award, Korea) for Taegukgi

2004: Best Newcomer award (Chinsa Film Art Festival, Korea) for Taegukgi

2002: Bvlgari Brilliant Dreams Awards (Japan)

2000: Best Newcomer award (TV drama) (Baek-Sang Award, Korea) for Kkokji and Autumn Tale

2000: Best Performance Male Actor (KBS TV award)

1999: Best Newcomer award (KBS TV award)

+credits to wikipedia+

I liked Won Bin in autumn tale...but I guess he's ok =)

I first saw him in his commercials and then my friend introduced me to his dramas. He was even cuter in his dramas and movie. My friend actually dragged me to the movie theatre to see "Taegukgi"....hehehe~

I hope he fully recovers from his knee injury and starts acting again....

Actually I read an article that he did get surgery done...not sure what but I did. Apparently surgey is quite popular with the Korean stars...not only girls but the guys are doing it too!

i absolutely adore won bin. too bad he's hasn't had a great year due to the early discharge from the army. the public doesn't look highly on that o.O he really hasn't completely served his country. but he's adorable, especially in autumn love and friends 2002.

I'm curious about what Won Bin is doing now? I'm aware that he's out of the army before the expected date due to injury... but then is he going to shot a new series?

i liked him in autumn in my heart...he's sooo cute and nice to eun-suh. he really loved her...he's all buff and good-looking...and has a lil baby fat on his face...makes him look soo hot.

Wow, I haven't seen any of his movies or series for ages... can't really remember.. he looks so different in the CF though

hmm....won bin..he's ok, I liked him in aumtumn tale but I can't say he's my favourite actor! I want to see him more in comedy dramas! heehee :]

This guy seems to have disappeared. Hope they will give him a few series to do! He was so good in Friends.

i never see his recent photos since friends and since he joined the korean military. anyone has his rcent picture to share?? tx..

won bin... hes soooo hot!!!

i didn't know he was korean at first..

he looks soooo good!

anyone have any good wallpaper of him!

Of course, my first post here should go to the Korean actor who caught my attention. I love this guy in Autumn Fairytale. I literally cried buckets during that church scene. But what I really love about him is his "perfectionist" nature. He wants to continuously improve on his acting skills, and he loves his fans so much. He might appear as a bit of a snob, but that doesn't mean that he is. Or maybe it's just me being bias. :P

I haven't heard any news about him for quite some time. But what i know is that his official site now has an English page, so we can all read about his projects and all the latest news about him. Hope he does a project soon. I miss watching him act. ^^

i first saw him in autumn tales..he was cute in dat drama =)

he's not really a good actor! but i liked his part in autumn in my heart... i don't like the way he treated the girl in the beginning x(

I haven't seen much of him lately but I remember thinking that he was cute in autumn love story. He was mean at first but in the end he did what was best for the main girl. Very sweet.

ahhh won bin!! hes soo hot=9 hehee..

he doesnt look VERY korean though..he doesnt have the korean eyes..he looks more like taiwanese/chinese type of person..if you look at his features closely..

mmmmm TOO BAD hes 30..thats really disappointing news....he should be younger!!!!

so i watch his autumn love series..it was really good..hahah hes good being a rich boy!!!!!!

addicted to korean drama BECAUSEOFHIM!!

Yeah i think so too... hope he's gonna a new drama or movie... saw him in autum tale... such a sad drama i think but still good though...

Won Bin is hot...

like him in Autumn drama..

hope can see him soon in new drama or movie..

I saw him in Taegukgi. He was really good in it. But I don't really see his attractive side. I like his acting though.

^lol I think you must be the first I've heard who doesn't rate much of his looks at all! Oh well, that just means one less girl for competition for us all lol

I think he's a good actor, not great yet per se, but he has shown alot of potential in his films. I don't know, I just feel like he has a very genuine way of conveying emotion, it might not be typically technical from an acting standpoint if that makes any sense, but it's just v. sincere, v. real.

Anyways! Longing for his film return!