* Andie Chen as Huang Tian Bao

* Ng Hui as Ah Tao

* Pan Ling Ling as Xiu Feng

* Desmond Sim as Charlie Zhang

* Zzen as Robert Zhang

* Felicia Chin as An Qi

* Nat Ho as Li Xiu Wen

Synopsis

The story begins from the 1930s, spanning over 70 years till modern day.

Ju Xiang is born into a big Peranakan family where her mum is a mistress. During the World War, Ju Xiang is tortured and both she and her husband die, leaving behind their 8-year-old daughter Yue Niang. After the war, Yue Niang's maternal relatives who ran away to England to seek refuge during wartime return home. Yue Niang then leads the life of her mother – always discriminated, beaten up and tortured. Yue Niang is then sold to a butcher, Liu Yi Dao. However, Yue Niang's strong personality impresses Liu Yi Dao and they become sworn siblings instead. Yue Niang decides to choose her own path in life. She begins learning how to run a business and she manages to overcome the odds and save her declining family business. Sadly, her love life has yet to begin a new chapter with no news about her lover, Chen Xi.

Trivia

This series was the blockbuster drama celebrating MediaCorp TV Channel 8's 45th anniversary.

+credits to dramawiki+

My all time favourite. Very nostalgic series. Highly recommended.

So far this series is rather interesting and I like the culture style

I have never seen a singapore TV-drama before. I like this drama, the story ist great and the actors and actress like Yue Niang, Yu Chu and Chen Xi are beautiful and as good as the Hongkong actors. And I also like the malaysian food and dessert.

One of my all time favourite drama from Singapore. Has to be my top 10 dramas.

Best series ever. Acted by talented actors and actresses. Also won awards at that time. A recommended one for those who havent watched it yet.

Very well played role by Jeanette Aw. Captured the place and culture beautifully.

Great job!!! Watched this drama twice and never feel bored for a second.

One of my favourite singapore drama. Have watched a few times already. Recommend anyone to watch.

I think this is a very good drama series in that it promotes an understanding of the nyonya culture and history.

This is indeed a very nice drama from SG. I hope the culture will continue to pass on from one generation to another

I love this drama series. One of my all time favourite. Bring back the nostalgic times.

i like the nyona costumes and all the girls look so beautiful..very traditional times in malacca as babas

One of my all time favourite dramas. I have watched it a couple of times already.

Ju Xiang is born into a big Peranakan family where her mum is a mistress. During the World War, Ju Xiang is tortured and both she and her husband die, leaving behind their 8-year-old daughter Yue Niang. After the war, Yue Niang's maternal relatives who ran away to England to seek refuge during wartime return home. Yue Niang then leads the life of her mother – always discriminated, beaten up and tortured. Yue Niang is then sold to a butcher, Liu Yi Dao. However, Yue Niang's strong personality impresses Liu Yi Dao and they become sworn siblings instead. Yue Niang decides to choose her own path in life. She begins learning how to run a business and she manages to overcome the odds and save her declining family business. Sadly, her love life has yet to begin a new chapter with no news about her lover, Chen Xi.

Trivia

This is one of my favourite classic drama series now. Would recommend it to anyone.

I've watched this twice now and still think it's a very good drama. Some parts may be a lil draggy but still ok.

The last I checked, the links to download this drama weren't working.

nat a bad drama..love it