* Andie Chen as Huang Tian Bao

* Ng Hui as Ah Tao

* Pan Ling Ling as Xiu Feng

* Desmond Sim as Charlie Zhang

* Zzen as Robert Zhang

* Felicia Chin as An Qi

* Nat Ho as Li Xiu Wen

Synopsis

The story begins from the 1930s, spanning over 70 years till modern day.

Ju Xiang is born into a big Peranakan family where her mum is a mistress. During the World War, Ju Xiang is tortured and both she and her husband die, leaving behind their 8-year-old daughter Yue Niang. After the war, Yue Niang's maternal relatives who ran away to England to seek refuge during wartime return home. Yue Niang then leads the life of her mother – always discriminated, beaten up and tortured. Yue Niang is then sold to a butcher, Liu Yi Dao. However, Yue Niang's strong personality impresses Liu Yi Dao and they become sworn siblings instead. Yue Niang decides to choose her own path in life. She begins learning how to run a business and she manages to overcome the odds and save her declining family business. Sadly, her love life has yet to begin a new chapter with no news about her lover, Chen Xi.

Trivia

This series was the blockbuster drama celebrating MediaCorp TV Channel 8's 45th anniversary.

+credits to dramawiki+

Good movie. One that is a must see. I recommend to anyone who like romance movies. I enjoy it very much

I enjoyed the sets and the seeing some of the old country. Didn't like the ending much. Thought some bits were over the top. But all in all very watchable.

this series is very educational for those who aren't familiar with nyonya baba lifestyle.

great show. i like their costume. especially jeannete. she look nice in nyonne costume.

The Little Nyonya series is excellent if you want to research a segment of the history and culture of Singapore and Malaysia...

Mediacorp really outdid themselves with this wonderful rich cultural story

awesome awesome drama! maybe i have a soft spot for this cos my grandparents are of nyonya decendants as well..but they dun live in melaka..they're from penang and ipoh..but owh well..XD ..

the story is awesome! my mum and i were marathoning this drama..we both cried our eyes out when juixiang and her jap hubby died leaving lil yueniang all alone...

i really hate that zhenzhu's character ..not to mention meiyu and her unstable jealousy issues....and tat chen sheng! gosh after juixiang and yueninang fell of the ship all he can do is drink and be merry....but at times where soberness calls..he's all serious and right in the mind..i find that a bit unbelievable..poor yuzhu..she's teh nicest huang family member but she has to suffer such unfortunate fate...sigh...........

jeanette did an awesome job! salute her...

I have watch this series again and again. The greatest Singapore series i have ever seen.

this is the first ever drama i've ever made me cry. my favorite scenes are with yousuke and juxiang. when yousuke comes back i cried the most and when they both die.. it's so sad.

just saw tis form TV airing and now start addicted to it... will download one shot and view it rather to view ep by ep...

i heart this series! :himuah: Nice and interesting! If yue niang can be with chen xi, awwwww... how good and sweet with tat

I like any thing that talks about war, but the actor in this doesn't look very pretty. :(

this movie is very nice and the culture are very interesting to learn

but never like the ending thought they have a happy ending since all things are settle

This is the most interesting story i have ever watch.. strongly recomended

didnt know much about nyonya except nyonya kuih is delicious... hehe... but i believe this show is pretty good.

just started watching this series and i love the nyonya culture..

can't wait to finish the series...

This serie is very interesting. I hardly know anything about the Peranakan culture and it's cuisine. But I had learnt to make kuih lapis and kuih klepon from an indonesian friend. Because of the long time preparing for those kuihs, I had not make them for years.

Since I have been watching Little Nonya, It remembers me the wonderful fragrance and taste of those kuihs. And I have starting make them again.

I like this series.. capture my heart totally... you really feel that the main actress is a great lady...

Like this series so much.

Interesting plot and surprising ending.

A bunch of Peranakan culinary which is alike with Indonesian Chinese food.

Good job!

how can olden days people be so heartless? this movie really made me hate man so much.

i don't understand why this series is sooo loved? I mean yes i agree it was pertty good but seriously, is it that good??