* Andie Chen as Huang Tian Bao

* Ng Hui as Ah Tao

* Pan Ling Ling as Xiu Feng

* Desmond Sim as Charlie Zhang

* Zzen as Robert Zhang

* Felicia Chin as An Qi

* Nat Ho as Li Xiu Wen

Synopsis

The story begins from the 1930s, spanning over 70 years till modern day.

Ju Xiang is born into a big Peranakan family where her mum is a mistress. During the World War, Ju Xiang is tortured and both she and her husband die, leaving behind their 8-year-old daughter Yue Niang. After the war, Yue Niang's maternal relatives who ran away to England to seek refuge during wartime return home. Yue Niang then leads the life of her mother – always discriminated, beaten up and tortured. Yue Niang is then sold to a butcher, Liu Yi Dao. However, Yue Niang's strong personality impresses Liu Yi Dao and they become sworn siblings instead. Yue Niang decides to choose her own path in life. She begins learning how to run a business and she manages to overcome the odds and save her declining family business. Sadly, her love life has yet to begin a new chapter with no news about her lover, Chen Xi.

Trivia

This series was the blockbuster drama celebrating MediaCorp TV Channel 8's 45th anniversary.

+credits to dramawiki+

So far this series is rather interesting and I like the culture style

Exactly! For me, i think that this series talks about more towards culture and history.

i'm part of this culture. it's very interestng. that' why i'm looking forward and watch it. i hope others will enjoy it too.

had been watching it on and off, but so far so good.

not too boring and quite a number of characters that makes my blood boil.

I love this series! Really got me into nyonya culture and craving nyonya food!

This show is really really nice, just like my ah ma times~ Good game

today miss the show on tv, but yesterday when i saw the preview for today's episode already makes my blood boil.

that pan ling ling said yueniang cannot marry out "clean" since she was the cause of yuzhu being raped,

so she ask 2 guys to rape her before she marry out.

wah, what world is this?

Been watching it! I hate the Huang family so much, especially Meiyu!

I must say that Jeanette Aw is superb! She can really act regardless of what role she's given to be. =)

i just can't stop watchig this series until finish. this is the best series that media corphas ever made. It is reali very nice and 100% worth watching drama series.

I am following this series right now. Good drama, but it seems that the what ???? Babas? are not a strong characters. It seems that they are being out played by the nyonyas or ladies.

tis series is getting more n more interesting...really like to watch Jeanette Aw acting..

lolz now i know what is nyonya and its history :P really interesting show

remember to watch the special - Yueniang & Chen Xi reunion tonight. Channel 8 at 9.55pm.

Don't normally follow Singapore dramas, but I had to look at this due to almost ridiculously huge hype around it. Well worth investing time watching this! :)

Watching this series really bring back old days ..... my ah mah time ,...... really touching ....... compare to now internet age

i like tt this drama allows audience to know more abt nyonya's history and culture. i wouldn't say tt the actors acting are the best though (at least for most of them). the storyline is pretty good but the ending disappointed alot.:(

well, at least it was not those kind of predictable happy ending. The acting of some of the cast was quite stiff, but i think overall it's a good series.

bring back old days ....

he acting of some of the cast was quite stiff, but i think overall it's a good series.

Pretty big time over here in Singapore with little nonya. I dont watch the local production here but this one still not too bad. ppl commented that the ending was disappointing. Just skip the last episode :p

The ending is okay. Just because the 2 lead did not end up together doesn't mean it was a bad ending. Afterall, Yue Niang lived to an old age. The bad ones got what they deserved and the good people had a pretty happy life...