Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aZnangel

[TVB-A] Beyond the Realm of Conscience - 宮心計 [2009]

1,052 posts in this topic

BEYOND THE REALM OF CONSCIENCES 宮心計 - 33 EPISODES (2009 ANNIVERSARY SERIES - GRAND PRODUCTION)

27y9ukx.jpg

English Title: Beyond the Realm of Conscience

Chinese Title: 宮心計

Genre: Ancient, Palace, Drama, Jealousy

Notable: Hong Kong's version of popular Korean drama "Jewels in the Place" . Will broadcast both in Korea and Hong Kong

Broadcast: October 19, 2009 (Hong Kong/Korea)

Episodes: 33

Official Site:

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Cast:

Tavia Yeung

Charmaine Sheh

Kevin Cheng

Susanna Kwan

Michelle Yim

Wai Ying Hung

Moses Chan

Selena Li

Michelle Yim

Suet Sum

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS (SOURCE: ASTRO ON DEMAND)

Imperial Household Bureau is responsible for managing and directing all household services to the Emperor and the Imperial family in Tong Dynasty. It is comprised of four departments, namely Jewels, Attire, Food and Furnishings. LAU SAM HO (Charmaine Sheh) and YIU KAM LING (Tavia Yeung) are introduced into the bureau in their tender age and brought up in the disciplines of the palace. The two girls are diligent. YUEN TSUI WAN (Susanna Kwan), Head of the Jewels, and CHUNG SUET HA (Michelle Yim), Head of the Attire, are both very fond of HO for she is a kind-hearted young girl. Soon, they start fighting for the fellowship of HO.

HO always remembers her mother's words left to her before she passed away, that she was told, 'Doing good deeds, Speaking good words, Showing goodwill'. She lives her life of being gracious and kind-hearted in the palace. On the other hand, LING believes her survival in palace is achieved through cruel and calculating tactics. She cheats and schemes her way to the top and finally becomes the concubine. Though she realizes that HO has fallen in love with the chess master KO HIN YEUNG (Kevin Cheng), her jealousy still arouses by HO's attraction to the Emperor LEE YI (Moses Chan). Fearing that she is losing power, she ruthlessly makes up a false allegation against HO for murdering the Empress (Mary Hon) and condemns her to death. No matter how clever she is to scheme, things do not go the way she planned. By using a strong comparison of the two distinctive characters, HO and LING, the message of the drama is that "benevolence" is the only way to gain final victory.

Attraction: (Translated by:

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
)

<Palace Scheme> talks about the period of Dynasty Tang, Tavia Yeung, Charmaine Sheh acted as two young Palace maids who suffer a lot. In the end, they separately become Emperor's Concubine and the Chief of Maids, and the Officers that previously bullied them - Michelle Yim, Wai Ying Hung, Christine Ng, Susanna Kwan received revenge from Tavia Yeung. Charmaine Sheh repays wrongs with kindness. The series is nicknamed Hong Kong's version of Jewel in the Palace, epicting the ancient life in the Palace.

000000727529_1255499850.jpg

Pictures

Spoiler:

Palace%20Scheme%201.png

charmaine1.jpgmichelleyim2.jpg

Palace%20Scheme.jpg

4%20ladies.jpg

Great drama! except i think charmaine sheh is putting a little bit too much into her role. seems a little bit fake

This Tv series is a liitle bit overrated; chemaine was largely underused and underperformed in her role whilst Tavia Yeung needs to improve a bit more in order to make her look more evil....Was rather disappointed with the locations as much of the filming was done in HK and not in China; Moses played his role very well whilst Kevin's was solid but nothing extraordinary so all in all rather surprised that it received such rave reviews

omg i missed watching this! i love the characters. it was somwhat disappointing at the end but it was good overal!

I think this series is good, but I do find Tavia's acting very ordinary. In fact, this Kevin's role in this series is nothing great. I don't understand how he got nominated and got an award for it.

always want to see this...not sure if it is worth...will really want to view the sseries...the cast is good

I really liked Charmaine's character here, she was caring and very innocent.

Tavia's role wasn't bad but her make up was kinda over done and everything..

But I have to comment on Susan tse's Tai Wong Tai Hao! Amazing. Too bad she died half way. She was the one who held most of the first part of the series up.

And also Michelle! She was awesome, as usual. And not to forget Susanna (:

All the women in this series seem to be dominating everything and there's little room for the men to shine.

Considering this I think that Kevin & Moses did cope pretty well.. but i would've like to have seen more :P

I justed posted this in the Ada Choi thread:

You know, after War and Beauty and Dance of Passion, I was hoping to see another grand period drama set with those leading actresses, but set during the Tang Dynasty. So I was really excited when I heard this series was being produced. But it's a shame they didn't include Ada Choi in something like this, she would have outshined everyone else. I originally wanted Ada as the leading protagonist and maybe Charmaine as the villain (or it could be vice versa as well). Anyways, hope I see something along that line in the near future. We need more Ada dramas.

Anyone else agree?

Anyways, watched this series during the last couple of weeks and it's very addicting. I love the songs and bmgs in this, especially the strings instrumental version of "Windmill" and those dramatic drums to add to the suspense.

Susan Tse was amazing, I haven't seen her before but she commanded everyone's attention whenever she was on screen. Will comment on the others in a little bit.

i'm at ep28 and am dying to know what promise the eunuch made to general wan!

I tried watching this again the other day since I wanted to watch a non-modern day series but couldn't really stand to watch it a second time...

Edited by Lost n Confused

this is a ok drama. a lot of lying and betraying people

pretty good watch -- kinda ridiculous the amount of lying, betrayals, backstabbing that took place haha! and of course kevin was great in the role of a constipated bodyguard :D seriously tho, worth a watch..

It is a bit tedious. But the story was exciting. The clothing and jewelry are beautifully designed, with many details.

Thank you for sharing. The storyline are really interesting & the costumes are great.

good show good show...saw the complete episode.....very evil plot....but great series by TVB...well worth the time spent watching...

it was good but it wasn't that great. i find some parts a bit draggy and it's not that exciting with the evilness. tavia was evil but i tot she's going to be more evil. i think she's the star in this drama!

after watching this, i was pretty tired of the drama that they had going on throughout the drama.

but i kind of hope that they make a sequel. wonderful cast!

Since I watch TVB, "Beyond The realm Of Conscience" has the best costume and make up colors. The show makes viewers have a different perspective. All the actors actress are perfect in their role.

hav been rewatching this series lately.. awesome.. great performance tavia..

This series was awesome. Tavia did a wonderful job! It was nice to see her playing an evil role

I can't wait for this drama , beacuse i don't think going to like Charmaine Sheh , she make the movie is very good ! I hope they make this TVB version more interesting , THANKS!

OMG what a drama~!

Full of excitement.

double two thumbs up! Totally fall in it =)