Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aZnangel

[TVB-A] Beyond the Realm of Conscience - 宮心計 [2009]

1,052 posts in this topic

BEYOND THE REALM OF CONSCIENCES 宮心計 - 33 EPISODES (2009 ANNIVERSARY SERIES - GRAND PRODUCTION)

27y9ukx.jpg

English Title: Beyond the Realm of Conscience

Chinese Title: 宮心計

Genre: Ancient, Palace, Drama, Jealousy

Notable: Hong Kong's version of popular Korean drama "Jewels in the Place" . Will broadcast both in Korea and Hong Kong

Broadcast: October 19, 2009 (Hong Kong/Korea)

Episodes: 33

Official Site:

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Cast:

Tavia Yeung

Charmaine Sheh

Kevin Cheng

Susanna Kwan

Michelle Yim

Wai Ying Hung

Moses Chan

Selena Li

Michelle Yim

Suet Sum

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS (SOURCE: ASTRO ON DEMAND)

Imperial Household Bureau is responsible for managing and directing all household services to the Emperor and the Imperial family in Tong Dynasty. It is comprised of four departments, namely Jewels, Attire, Food and Furnishings. LAU SAM HO (Charmaine Sheh) and YIU KAM LING (Tavia Yeung) are introduced into the bureau in their tender age and brought up in the disciplines of the palace. The two girls are diligent. YUEN TSUI WAN (Susanna Kwan), Head of the Jewels, and CHUNG SUET HA (Michelle Yim), Head of the Attire, are both very fond of HO for she is a kind-hearted young girl. Soon, they start fighting for the fellowship of HO.

HO always remembers her mother's words left to her before she passed away, that she was told, 'Doing good deeds, Speaking good words, Showing goodwill'. She lives her life of being gracious and kind-hearted in the palace. On the other hand, LING believes her survival in palace is achieved through cruel and calculating tactics. She cheats and schemes her way to the top and finally becomes the concubine. Though she realizes that HO has fallen in love with the chess master KO HIN YEUNG (Kevin Cheng), her jealousy still arouses by HO's attraction to the Emperor LEE YI (Moses Chan). Fearing that she is losing power, she ruthlessly makes up a false allegation against HO for murdering the Empress (Mary Hon) and condemns her to death. No matter how clever she is to scheme, things do not go the way she planned. By using a strong comparison of the two distinctive characters, HO and LING, the message of the drama is that "benevolence" is the only way to gain final victory.

Attraction: (Translated by:

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
)

<Palace Scheme> talks about the period of Dynasty Tang, Tavia Yeung, Charmaine Sheh acted as two young Palace maids who suffer a lot. In the end, they separately become Emperor's Concubine and the Chief of Maids, and the Officers that previously bullied them - Michelle Yim, Wai Ying Hung, Christine Ng, Susanna Kwan received revenge from Tavia Yeung. Charmaine Sheh repays wrongs with kindness. The series is nicknamed Hong Kong's version of Jewel in the Palace, epicting the ancient life in the Palace.

000000727529_1255499850.jpg

Pictures

Spoiler:

Palace%20Scheme%201.png

charmaine1.jpgmichelleyim2.jpg

Palace%20Scheme.jpg

4%20ladies.jpg

This is definitely one of my favourite series of 2009! The cast did an amazing job and Tavia's acting was brilliant in this series.

Edited by freak8

This was a very good series !!!! It had an excellent cast !!!!

looks good i really want to watch this series cant wait hahahaha

I am up to episode 28. So there is only 5 episodes left and Charmaine still isn't a concubine yet! I have been waiting for her to become a lady. These 5 episodes will be good!

this drama are so good, but i dont like ms. yeung, she alway took big eyes which will be scared face and she talked not clearly , dont know why she can take two award. thanks

just inish watching this series. it is good. keep catching it evey night. but i didnt really like the ending.. could off made it a bit exciting...

Wow, i just finished this series. It was scary back then in those life style. I am glad that we are no longer lived in that situation ever again. I don't know how they do it. I like to thank you for sharing this series.

This series is superb!! I enjoy it a lot!! Keep the job up!

a to the mazing :D

soooo good! highly recommended.

Good series with a happy ending, Tavia played a vicious role and she showed a different side of her talent.

This is a great series, absolutely loved every episode! I didn't know Tavia could be this evil, very good acting from her even better than Charmaine's performance. And the bickering between Suzanna and Michelle was quite entertaining...

Edited by blue4u

I love this drama.. After watching every episode, you'll be very excited and I'm surely you want to watch it further till the end! In this drama, I like the acting of Tavia Yeung the most! Because it's the first time of her to act evil.. just look in her eyes and you'll feel it! And I feel very pitty for Moses Chan.. cause in my opinion.. I would like Moses Chan to be a couple with Charmaine She.. cause he really loves her in this drama..! Good show!

great show, pity it didn't get more awards from TVB awards, highly recommended , one of the best TVB series for 2009

I have watched the first few, and looks very good, the casting is very good. looking forward to watch all of them.

this was so dissapointing T_T it started so well but middle on it was so predictable and :/.... really hope they dont make a second one T_T

great drama. great philosophy and the characters in the series are very talented.

the scenes looks really elaborate. looks like a good production

Overall one of the better show of 2009. However, it would be better if this series has more scenes with conflict between Charmaine and Tavia, coz the conflicts/battle with each other only started towards to end few episode of the show. Moses also played his character very well in this show.

This was a good series, good plot, and good story. I didn't really like the ending though because you don't know if Kevin had married another women since it had past like 8 years (due to the child so big). It is good that Charmaine had finally found Kevin, but you don't know if they went back together in the end.

huhu...tavia gone crazy at the end there T_T

but overall,another expected ending

this is a nice movie and i think it deserved it peaking point but i wonder how they didnt win the best series.